Better Homes and Garden Radio


Jean Robb

Volunteer your remarketable gifts and become more marketable!

Volunteer and Market Yourself…Remarkably

“Remarkable Marketable Mehelps you share your remarkable gifts volunteering, making you more marketable along the way.



By Jean Robb

I didn’t have the best childhood. We didn’t have much, so if you needed something you had to find a way to get it. I started working at 11 years old selling candy door to door. I know very scary right, but at 11 years old all I knew was I had to sell a certain amount of candy before I could go home. When I knocked on a door, out came my foot and I didn’t move it until you bought a box of candy. The skills I learned from my difficult childhood, (my lemons) really became a blessing (my lemonade).

I learned at a really young age that persistence will open many doors. As an adult I have walked out on a stage with a tiger after Zig Ziglar and talked to over 2,000 people about overcoming their fears. I know you must be thinking…a tiger? I have volunteered for over 15 years with big cat sanctuaries and have learned you can do something you really love while helping others in remarkable ways. In today’s economy you hear lots of people say they can’t find a job. So what happens?

The longer you’re out of work, you start to lose your contacts. You’re not keeping up with the day-to-day changes in your trade. You’re simply out of the loop. The longer you’re in this position the more the fear sets in. What if I can’t find a job? I have so much to offer, how do I get someone to talk to me? Well as you can see, fear can really take a hold of you, it makes you feel like a deer in the headlights. How do you overcome these things?

First off, STOP listening to the FEAR and STOP making EXCUSES. Look, I’ve made many of the same excuses when I’ve let fear be a part of my life. I now realize that the answer to overcoming the fear is to replace it with remarkable things you can be proud of. Instead of asking why would anyone want to hire me, ask yourself why not me?

After volunteering you could say. Look at the change I’ve made in the lives of others. Look what I’ve learned along the way. Look at the skills I’ve been taught while helping others. Look at the great people I’ve met. They’ve seen first hand the type of passion I put into any job I take on. So how will this work? I have made a commitment to bring you a volunteering opportunity at least once a week. The process of volunteering can be more complicated than people may think.

Email me your news. I have included in each story all the information I received and the direct contacts to make it really easy for you to get your foot in the door.Network, Network, Network” See how you can use that experience to build your resume. Most of all how did you feel about helping others today.

My goal is to get you to share with all of us your experience. Think about how much we can learn from each other. Please email me your pictures and story to remarkablemarketableme@gmail.com so I can post them each day. I will add the trademarks, video and links for you.


Jean Robb is a real estate agent in the Dallas – Fort Worth area who is committed to promoting the importance of volunteering for your community.We have the infrastructure in place with the best real estate team in North Texas, and the process for you and I, together can “give back” to those in need without costing you an extra dime. It’s a win/win for both of us. When you contact me, just mention this page and I'll donate 5% of my commission to any non-profit you want to help!

After reading the above information ask yourself “why would I choose any other realtor”?

Click on the logo located on the sidebar for the story you have an interest in reading.

Each story is interactive. Just scroll over and click on the links in the story to get all the information you'll need for that non profit. Some links will appear as a blank spot in the story. Just scroll over it to activate the link.

Please scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to see how you can follow by email and see the most popular stories.

I make my living as a Realtor. It allows me the opportunity to stay involved with so many charities. If you're in need of a great Realtor please go to http://www.jeanrobb.com

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Yellow Dog Project: A yellow ribbon on a dog's leash sends important message.




 

Anyone who has ever had an infirmed, unsocial or elderly dog is going to love The Yellow Dog Project, a global movement for parents of dogs that need space. The concept behind it is quite simple.  If you see a dog with a yellow ribbon or other items tied to its leash, that signifies a dog who needs space and you should not attempt to pet the dog or bring your own dog over for a greeting.  Now here’s an idea that’s long overdue.The Yellow Dog Project has now made its mark in 45 countries and educational materials have been translated into 12 languages. Fans are calling it, “Brilliant” and “The best thing to happen since the invention of the leash!”



Recently, I was walking my two dogs on some trails behind the local elementary school.  I go there because of the open fields and because few people come through the area in the evening.  My dogs need space. I have an elderly Labrador with laryngeal paralysis (a condition which inhibits a dog’s ability to breath when he is warm or excited).  It’s very important to keep him calm, and with my mid-sized terrier mix boinging alongside him, I already have my hands full in keeping the walks safe for both of them.  But then along comes a man with absolutely no boundaries. As he made a bee-line for us I hollered out, “Please don’t bring your dog over.” His response was, “Don’t worry he’s friendly.”  And with that he let go of his dog’s leash and says, “Go get em!” Now here I am holding the hand of a small child and balancing two leashes in my hand, trying not to let the dogs tangle or to allow my elderly dog to get any sort of additional stimulation, and this dog comes at us like a bowling ball.  As expected, it was a mess.  My two dogs got tangled around one another.  My older dog felt threatened and the oncomer snapped at him.  My daughter was frightened and this guy just casually saunters over with no regard for the fall out. I had to ask him two more times to please move away with his dog before he finally understood.  By that time, my elderly dog was gasping for air and I had to kneel on the ground with him for a full 15 minutes before he could recover.
These days we have a yellow bandana tied around both leashes and look forward to the day when this concept is widely embraced by the pet loving community. You can visit The Yellow Dog Project.
This news has been brought to you by The Great Animal Rescue Chase tournament of heroes.


Contact: Tara Palardy

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tel. (403) 872-5686
Email: info@theyellowdogproject.com
The Yellow Dog Project is a global movement for owners of dogs that need
space. It hopes to educate the public and dog owners to identify dogs needing
space, promote appropriate contact of dogs and assist dog parents to identify
their dog as needing space. Yellow Dogs are dogs who need space - they are not 
necessarily aggressive dogs but more often are dogs who have issues of fear; 
pain from recent surgery; are a rescue or shelter dog who has not yet had sufficient 
 training or mastered obedience; are in training for work or service; are in service; or other
reasons specific to the dog. The Yellow Dog Project seeks to educate appropriate 
ways to approach or make contact with a dog with permission of a dog owner only, 
whether or not a dog is a “yellow dog”. They also seek to promote the use of yellow 
ribbons to identify yellow dogs needing extra space. The Yellow Dog Project was started 
by Tara Palardy; a dog trainer in the city ofRed Deer, Alberta, Canada. In a statement 
to supporters, she said, “ I started to teach owners how to deal with their yellow dogs 
and that’s where this whole thing started - locally.” She is also the manager of a 
dog daycare in the same city; volunteers every Sunday to the Central Alberta Junior 
K9 Club; and provides dog walking services. About the project Tara says, “
I had no idea thousands of people would join. I figured some friends, other trainers...
but nothing global. And Surprise! Here we are.”# # # The Yellow Dog Project can be 
found via their website http://www.theyellowdogproject.com, their Facebook social 
media page “The Yellow Dog Project”, their Twitter account @yellowdogproj, and by 
email info@theyellowdogproject.com
The Yellow Dog Project

You are out in the park with your family, playing, running, maybe even having a picnic.  Perhaps your dog is with you; however, off in the distance you see adorable dog approaching with their handler and your children immediately begin to run towards this adorable dog.  As the dog is getting closer, you see a yellow ribbon tied on the dog’s collar.  What goes through your mind?
The Yellow Dog Project
Photo courtesy AniCareVets
A yellow ribbon around a dog’s collar is to help children identify that you need to proceed with caution. The dog may not be child friendly, may have fear or anxiety issues, or may be overly excited.  Either way, caution should be applied when approaching.
The Yellow Dog Project is a nonprofit organization that is a global effort to help raise awareness and education around dogs that require a little extra distance upon approaching.  Does this mean that the dog is aggressive or mean?  No, there are numerous reasons why a dog may have a yellow ribbon. It may mean the dog is new with the handler, is under medical care, or in foster care for instance.

Read more at http://theilovedogssite.com/do-you-know-what-a-yellow-ribbon-tied-on-a-dogs-collar-means/#SHjMxfQOxhpFtdMY.99

Welcome to Yellow Dog UK™

Click on the poster below to print your copy!

The Official Yellow Dog UK poster
Get the latest Yellow Dog UK™ news!



Why might a dog need space?
There are many reasons why a dog may need space: 
  • Maybe it has health issues 
  • It may be a rescue dog being rehabilitated. The world can be a very scary place
  • It may have had a bad experience with another dog
  • A bitch may be in heat
  • The dog may be in training
  • It may be very old and arthritic
  • It may be very nervous or shy and other dogs cause it stress
In short, a yellow marker on a dog means it needs some space.  
Those of us who own these dogs appreciate your help and respect.
Thank you!


You are out in the park with your family, playing, running, maybe even having a picnic.  Perhaps your dog is with you; however, off in the distance you see adorable dog approaching with their handler and your children immediately begin to run towards this adorable dog.  As the dog is getting closer, you see a yellow ribbon tied on the dog’s collar.  What goes through your mind?
The Yellow Dog Project
Photo courtesy AniCareVets
A yellow ribbon around a dog’s collar is to help children identify that you need to proceed with caution. The dog may not be child friendly, may have fear or anxiety issues, or may be overly excited.  Either way, caution should be applied when approaching.
The Yellow Dog Project is a nonprofit organization that is a global effort to help raise awareness and education around dogs that require a little extra distance upon approaching.  Does this mean that the dog is aggressive or mean?  No, there are numerous reasons why a dog may have a yellow ribbon. It may mean the dog is new with the handler, is under medical care, or in foster care for instance.

Read more at http://theilovedogssite.com/do-you-know-what-a-yellow-ribbon-tied-on-a-dogs-collar-means/#SHjMxfQOxhpFtdMY.99v
You are out in the park with your family, playing, running, maybe even having a picnic.  Perhaps your dog is with you; however, off in the distance you see adorable dog approaching with their handler and your children immediately begin to run towards this adorable dog.  As the dog is getting closer, you see a yellow ribbon tied on the dog’s collar.  What goes through your mind?
The Yellow Dog Project
Photo courtesy AniCareVets
A yellow ribbon around a dog’s collar is to help children identify that you need to proceed with caution. The dog may not be child friendly, may have fear or anxiety issues, or may be overly excited.  Either way, caution should be applied when approaching.
The Yellow Dog Project is a nonprofit organization that is a global effort to help raise awareness and education around dogs that require a little extra distance upon approaching.  Does this mean that the dog is aggressive or mean?  No, there are numerous reasons why a dog may have a yellow ribbon. It may mean the dog is new with the handler, is under medical care, or in foster care for instance.

Read more at http://theilovedogssite.com/do-you-know-what-a-yellow-ribbon-tied-on-a-dogs-collar-means/#SHjMxfQOxhpFtdMY.99

No comments:

Post a Comment