Better Homes and Garden Radio


Jean Robb

Volunteer your remarketable gifts and become more marketable!

Volunteer and Market Yourself…Remarkably

“Remarkable Marketable Mehelps you share your remarkable gifts volunteering, making you more marketable along the way.



By Jean Robb

I didn’t have the best childhood. We didn’t have much, so if you needed something you had to find a way to get it. I started working at 11 years old selling candy door to door. I know very scary right, but at 11 years old all I knew was I had to sell a certain amount of candy before I could go home. When I knocked on a door, out came my foot and I didn’t move it until you bought a box of candy. The skills I learned from my difficult childhood, (my lemons) really became a blessing (my lemonade).

I learned at a really young age that persistence will open many doors. As an adult I have walked out on a stage with a tiger after Zig Ziglar and talked to over 2,000 people about overcoming their fears. I know you must be thinking…a tiger? I have volunteered for over 15 years with big cat sanctuaries and have learned you can do something you really love while helping others in remarkable ways. In today’s economy you hear lots of people say they can’t find a job. So what happens?

The longer you’re out of work, you start to lose your contacts. You’re not keeping up with the day-to-day changes in your trade. You’re simply out of the loop. The longer you’re in this position the more the fear sets in. What if I can’t find a job? I have so much to offer, how do I get someone to talk to me? Well as you can see, fear can really take a hold of you, it makes you feel like a deer in the headlights. How do you overcome these things?

First off, STOP listening to the FEAR and STOP making EXCUSES. Look, I’ve made many of the same excuses when I’ve let fear be a part of my life. I now realize that the answer to overcoming the fear is to replace it with remarkable things you can be proud of. Instead of asking why would anyone want to hire me, ask yourself why not me?

After volunteering you could say. Look at the change I’ve made in the lives of others. Look what I’ve learned along the way. Look at the skills I’ve been taught while helping others. Look at the great people I’ve met. They’ve seen first hand the type of passion I put into any job I take on. So how will this work? I have made a commitment to bring you a volunteering opportunity at least once a week. The process of volunteering can be more complicated than people may think.

Email me your news. I have included in each story all the information I received and the direct contacts to make it really easy for you to get your foot in the door.Network, Network, Network” See how you can use that experience to build your resume. Most of all how did you feel about helping others today.

My goal is to get you to share with all of us your experience. Think about how much we can learn from each other. Please email me your pictures and story to remarkablemarketableme@gmail.com so I can post them each day. I will add the trademarks, video and links for you.


Jean Robb is a real estate agent in the Dallas – Fort Worth area who is committed to promoting the importance of volunteering for your community.We have the infrastructure in place with the best real estate team in North Texas, and the process for you and I, together can “give back” to those in need without costing you an extra dime. It’s a win/win for both of us. When you contact me, just mention this page and I'll donate 5% of my commission to any non-profit you want to help!

After reading the above information ask yourself “why would I choose any other realtor”?

Click on the logo located on the sidebar for the story you have an interest in reading.

Each story is interactive. Just scroll over and click on the links in the story to get all the information you'll need for that non profit. Some links will appear as a blank spot in the story. Just scroll over it to activate the link.

Please scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to see how you can follow by email and see the most popular stories.

I make my living as a Realtor. It allows me the opportunity to stay involved with so many charities. If you're in need of a great Realtor please go to http://www.jeanrobb.com

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I'll Stand By You~ Blue Lion Rescue

    


http://www.bluelionrescue.org/
 Click on the link Above to see the Blue Lion Rescue main page!





Hi Jean Robb here, Last week our sweet dog Shadow passed away. Shadow was a part of our family for over thirteen years.

 Shadow with his best friend Angel the cougar.
 Shadow was a rescue dog as are all of our pets. The love and joy Shadow gave to us throughout our time together is something I will always be grateful for. There are so many animals out there in need of a great home. They did not ask to be born but are so willing to give unconditional love. It's so hard for the rescue centers across the United States to find homes for all the animals in need. 
Large Breed dogs are especially hard to find homes for.  
Blue Lion Rescue has stood by these beautiful creatures to make a them feel loved while waiting for a home with a special family. Please support all of the local Animal Shelters and please consider helping Blue Lion rescue in any way you can. These sweet angels really need the help!










The bigger and crankier they are, the more 
Lisa Kavanaugh loves them.

Which, given the limited public demand for 100- to 200-pound dogs with questionable temperaments, is a very good thing for all the castoff Great Danes, Mastiffs, Saint Bernard’s, Newfoundland’s, Great Pyrenees and other colossal canines who have found their way to Kavanaugh's 35-acre Blue Lion Animal Sanctuary ranch in Yoder, Colorado, 30 miles east of Colorado Springs. Blue Lion is one of the largest no-kill shelters in the country.

In all, she's providing a home to some 125 giant breed dogs. She finds loving adoptive homes for as many as she can, but many, who have endured past abuse and neglect, have dispositions unlikely to win them new homes. They will live out their lives at Kavanaugh's ranch, where even grumpy growlers seem to relax under her gentle care.
Thanks to all Volunteers and Donors! 
Click on this to volunteer or donate!




 HOW I FOUND LISA & BLUE LION & HOW WE ARE HELPING – Debra Griffin

My family physician Nancy was desperately trying to find a new home for her beloved but unpredictable Aussie mix, Addie, before the arrival of their new baby. She had gotten Addie as a pup when she was diagnosed with breast cancer 8 years ago. The thought of giving her up was almost unbearable.
She heard about Blue Lion Sanctuary through another patient who owns a doggie day care. Lisa Kavanaugh, who runs Blue Lion was reluctant to take in Addie because Blue Lion is devoted to large-breed dogs such as Mastiffs. After much pleading, Lisa agreed to meet them, and Addie and Nancy set off to the town of Yoder on the high plains east of Colorado Springs to check it all out.
When they first drove up to Lisa's 35-acre ranch, Nancy’s heart sank. They were greeted by 80-100 dogs in large kennels, large fenced areas, and roaming about the grounds, all barking excitedly. Within 10 minutes, however, the barking had stopped and the animals seemed content, happy and well-fed.
More impressively, Lisa knew every dog by name, knew their likes and dislikes, and knew which ones could play together. Nancy felt so relieved to have found a good home for Addie. She worried about how Addie would handle the heat of the summer and the high snow drifts and harsh winters on the plains. Lisa commented that with the especially brutal winter last year, she had to dig out the dog houses by hand by herself multiple times and nearly lost several dogs. She added that if we have another winter like the last one, she wouldn't be able to continue. Nancy’s husband, who is a woodworker, designed an insulated house for Addie that could provide shade in the summer and shelter from the snow drifts in the winter. Nancy’s husband and I drove Addie and her doghouse down to the sanctuary. That very same week Lisa moved her 84 year old mother Ruth, who has Parkinson’s disease, on to the ranch as well. Addie has become her constant companion & caretaker. So we believe it was divinely guided for Addie to end up at Blue Lion Sanctuary. Nancy & I & many others looked & prayed for months for Addie’s next healing assignment in this world. It’s no accident that Ruth & Addie came to the ranch at the same time.
Lisa was impressed with the doghouse Nancy’s husband designed & she wished that all her dogs could have a dog house like Addie's. We were so impressed and overwhelmed by Lisa's dedication to her sanctuary that Nancy & I decided to try to organize a dog-house building event this fall to help Lisa prepare for next winter.
We are calling it Dawg House Days




Adoptable Dogs!


Thunder
Thunder
I'm Thunder and I am a gorgeous, sweet and loving 3 year old neutered male English Mastiff. I am a high energy kind of guy and I have really not had a good life up until recently.

My first owner surrendered me because she beat me and finally I decided I had enough and I bit her -- not badly, but the she needed to know that sometimes you get what you dish out-- so that shocked us both so badly that I ran off and hid after I bit her. Some folks came and found me, took me to a shelter and I ended up at Blue Lion.

I was at Blue Lion awhile and I demonstrated to the people there that I am a responsible guy who is good with adults, kids and other dogs, but I really would appreciate it if you don't decide you want to beat on me. It doesn't teach me anything except that some folks are not particularly nice. Lisa at Blue Lion worked with me and I learned to trust people again.

So then Blue Lion introduced me to a lot of folks and I liked them all and they all seemed to like me from so/so to WOW. So then I met a man who was as WOW about me as I was about him, and with him in the house as our pack leader, everything was pretty smooth. I'd like to say I lived happily ever after, but it didn't work out that way. Turns out the only one in that house who wanted me was the man. The lady wanted a little yap yap dog and the kid -- well I never did figure out what he did want but he sure wasn't looking to be my new best friend. So then the nice man got sent somewhere else for his job and while he was gone, things went from bad to worse. The lady wasn't any kind of pack leader, not to me or anybody else. Finally one day the kid was walking by acting like a little jerk and I took a snap at him.

I don't suppose anybody is surprised that at that point I lost my home and was real fortunate they were at least kind enough to send me back to Blue Lion. So once again I'm looking for a new home. I've now had some experience in this whole adoption thing and I've refined my expectations. Here's the deal: I need a loving home with experienced Mastiff people who are willing and able to assume the position of pack leader. I would prefer not to have to live with anymore children because they're worse than puppies and I just think I shouldn't have to deal with all that, being a single guy and all. I do like the ladies however and would do well in a home with a lady dog for company.

Oh yes -- ONE MORE THING -- in my first home I didn't always get to eat all my dinner myself, so I developed a strong preference for dining alone. I love the ladies, but I really prefer a "table for one" at dinner time and feed the lady dog somewhere that I'm not.

And the other side of me is unchanged-- treat me with respect and be kind and I will love you forever and guard you with my life. Give me a call and let's negotiate a long term agreement! When you call, if Brogan answers, just tell him to take a message for Thunder. That Brogan, he's a Cane Corso and thinks he's all that, so you really need to set him down and get him to take a message for THUNDER ... Brogan, he's a legend in his own mind. YOU WANT TO BE SURE TO ASK FOR THUNDER



Bear

 Bear
I'm Bear the Cane Corso and I am from the same home as Kasa. I'm about 4 years old and I was kept on a chain when I was outside. I am not flashy like some Cane Corsos who shall remain nameless (actually I like Hercules, but he thinks he is so darn smart, he annoys me). Truthfully, I don't really care for other dogs because if I'm living with you, well you don't need any other dogs anyhow. My last family had a 7 year old boy and I got along fine with him, but he was a smart boy and respectful of me. I guess you could say I like kids who are well mannered. I'm definitely not into strangers and suspect if they aren't there to steal something, then they probably just came over to case the joint ... but they won't be back because I'm a Cane Corso and I will protect my family and their home. I am neutered, UTD on my shots and am housebroken. I don't mean to brag, but I have got to tell you, you can look at a whole bunch of other dogs, but you'll want to come back and get to know me. I may not brag much, but you need to know that yes, I am worth the trip. You'll want to meet me when you visit Blue Lion. I'm special.




Nico

Nico
Hi there, I'm Nico and as you can see, I am one handsome fella. Over the last six years I have had the privilege of loving and being loved by my human parents who got me from the Greeley Humane Society when I was a pup. My parents are good people who have loved me well and taught me how to be a really excellent companion. In return, I've helped them to understand that I'm always there for them, ready to run and play, sit and listen or just hang out and watch the game and knock back some kibble.

If you haven't spent the last several years living in a cave or under a rock, you probably know that the American economy is a lot like the old grey mare -- just ain't what she used to be. The economy has hit my parents real hard, and we've had some dramatic changes in our lives. We moved into a very small apartment, which meant that I lost my cool yard. I can deal with that. Then mom took a job that has her working about 12 hours a day sometimes 6 days a week. Dad just got a job that is going to keep him on the road a lot and I can't go on the road with him. This means that I'm crated by myself for up to 12 hours on many days.

I love my mom and dad as much as I love my own life, and there is nothing I wouldn't do for them. I know they feel real bad about the way things are turning out, and they have shed a lot of tears with me in coming to the decision that maybe it is time for me to find another home. This isn't what any of us want, but they truly are trying to figure out what is the best thing for me, and they'd like me to have a friend to run with in the morning, or maybe my own new family to take care of and learn to love.

So here's the thing -- I'm healthy, happy, neutered and current in my vaccinations. Check out my pictures -- am I a handsome dude or what??? !! I am house broken and I am crate trained. I will alert at strangers when the doorbell rings, but I know how to stand down when Mom or Dad says we're good with whatever's going on at the door. I absolutely adore WELL MANNERED CHILDREN ... (it is scarey that some people don't train their kids as well as Mom and Dad have trained me, but hey, who am I to judge). I have all of my own stuff.

I would be an excellent dog for a single person who likes to lead an active lifestyle with trips to the mountains and maybe a good run sometime during the day. I am a high energy boy with great manners. I am the sort of fella that you can take for a run in the evening after work and not worry about anybody bothering you, not because I'm big and bad but because I'm a good looking guy who knows how to handle himself in any situation, and that attitude shows in everything I do.

So if you'd like to enjoy springtime in the Rockies with me at your side, spend the summer at the lake with a great swimming partner, move into fall and kick back for some wings while we watch the game together ... pick up your laptop and send my agent a message -- my people can get with you and all of you can decide whether you've got what it takes to be my next happy home.

Write to my dad at bdelduca@me.com and let him know you'd like to talk about Nico. There will be an adoption contract to ensure that I get to a good place and can live a good life.

Don't forget ... you want to meet NICO.



Adoptable Dogs
All adoption inquires must go to Lisa Kavanaugh
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
E-MAIL LISA TO REQUEST AN ADOPTION APPLICATION
Thank you so very much for featuring Blue Lion Rescue on your website! I, and all of the dogs, appreciate all the help we can get!
 
Thank you again!
Sincerely,

Lisa Kavanaugh
www.bluelionrescue.org www.uglydawgs.org
 




















































1 comment:

  1. such a great information for blogger i am a professional blogger thankscan cane corsos swim

    ReplyDelete