About Joining Forces
- Brings attention to the unique needs and strength of America’s military families.
- Inspires, educates, and sparks action from all sectors of our society – citizens, communities, businesses, non-profits, faith based institutions, philanthropic organizations, and government - to ensure veterans and military families have the opportunities, resources, and support they have earned.
- Showcases the skills, experience, and dedication of America’s veterans and military spouses to strengthen our nation’s communities.
- Creates greater connections between the American public and the military.
Employment. In many cases, military spouses move from one community to another when their spouses are assigned to new duty stations. These transfers can make it very difficult for spouses to continue with their careers or to find similar jobs in new locations.
- Highlights the workforce potential of veterans and military spouses;
- Expands employment and career development opportunities for veterans and military spouses; and
- Helps employers create military family-friendly workplaces
- Supports the academic achievement of military children by helping schools become more responsive to the unique needs of military children and families; and
- Promotes and supports higher education institutions and programs that expand education opportunities, eases transferability for military-connected students, and expands job training opportunities for military spouses and veterans.
- Calls attention to the critical issues facing veterans and military families; and
- Expands access to wellness programs, and resources for military spouses and families.
The Report: Strengthening Our Military Families: Meeting America’s CommitmentPresident Obama issued a government-wide review to bring together the resources of the Federal Government, identify new opportunities across the public and private sectors, and lay the foundation for a coordinated approach to supporting and engaging military families for years to come
Search for service opportunities by zip code or interest and take action in your community. Powered by allforgood.
Pledge service hours in honor of the service military families, veterans and service members. Powered by allforgood.
Send a message of support to a military family through a simple web form.
Powered by USO.
Learn About Our MilitaryVisit OurMilitary.Mil
View Photos & Videos
Explore Photo and Videos