Better Homes and Garden Radio


Jean Robb

Volunteer your remarketable gifts and become more marketable!

Volunteer and Market Yourself…Remarkably

“Remarkable Marketable Mehelps you share your remarkable gifts volunteering, making you more marketable along the way.



By Jean Robb

I didn’t have the best childhood. We didn’t have much, so if you needed something you had to find a way to get it. I started working at 11 years old selling candy door to door. I know very scary right, but at 11 years old all I knew was I had to sell a certain amount of candy before I could go home. When I knocked on a door, out came my foot and I didn’t move it until you bought a box of candy. The skills I learned from my difficult childhood, (my lemons) really became a blessing (my lemonade).

I learned at a really young age that persistence will open many doors. As an adult I have walked out on a stage with a tiger after Zig Ziglar and talked to over 2,000 people about overcoming their fears. I know you must be thinking…a tiger? I have volunteered for over 15 years with big cat sanctuaries and have learned you can do something you really love while helping others in remarkable ways. In today’s economy you hear lots of people say they can’t find a job. So what happens?

The longer you’re out of work, you start to lose your contacts. You’re not keeping up with the day-to-day changes in your trade. You’re simply out of the loop. The longer you’re in this position the more the fear sets in. What if I can’t find a job? I have so much to offer, how do I get someone to talk to me? Well as you can see, fear can really take a hold of you, it makes you feel like a deer in the headlights. How do you overcome these things?

First off, STOP listening to the FEAR and STOP making EXCUSES. Look, I’ve made many of the same excuses when I’ve let fear be a part of my life. I now realize that the answer to overcoming the fear is to replace it with remarkable things you can be proud of. Instead of asking why would anyone want to hire me, ask yourself why not me?

After volunteering you could say. Look at the change I’ve made in the lives of others. Look what I’ve learned along the way. Look at the skills I’ve been taught while helping others. Look at the great people I’ve met. They’ve seen first hand the type of passion I put into any job I take on. So how will this work? I have made a commitment to bring you a volunteering opportunity at least once a week. The process of volunteering can be more complicated than people may think.

Email me your news. I have included in each story all the information I received and the direct contacts to make it really easy for you to get your foot in the door.Network, Network, Network” See how you can use that experience to build your resume. Most of all how did you feel about helping others today.

My goal is to get you to share with all of us your experience. Think about how much we can learn from each other. Please email me your pictures and story to remarkablemarketableme@gmail.com so I can post them each day. I will add the trademarks, video and links for you.


Jean Robb is a real estate agent in the Dallas – Fort Worth area who is committed to promoting the importance of volunteering for your community.We have the infrastructure in place with the best real estate team in North Texas, and the process for you and I, together can “give back” to those in need without costing you an extra dime. It’s a win/win for both of us. When you contact me, just mention this page and I'll donate 5% of my commission to any non-profit you want to help!

After reading the above information ask yourself “why would I choose any other realtor”?

Click on the logo located on the sidebar for the story you have an interest in reading.

Each story is interactive. Just scroll over and click on the links in the story to get all the information you'll need for that non profit. Some links will appear as a blank spot in the story. Just scroll over it to activate the link.

Please scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to see how you can follow by email and see the most popular stories.

I make my living as a Realtor. It allows me the opportunity to stay involved with so many charities. If you're in need of a great Realtor please go to http://www.jeanrobb.com

Thursday, December 8, 2011

The Harlem Globetrotters ~ Even pushing 80, former Globetrotter Meadowlark Lemon is still " Clown Prince of Basketball"

    

Meadowlark Lemon shooting one of his famous half-court hook-shots.
Photo courtesy: Harlem Globetrotters
 Hi, Jean Robb here. It's such a pleasure to help spread the word about Meadowlark Lemon's community efforts to help others along with his ministry. Meadowlark Lemon, who's been described as an American institution and is in both the basketball and clown halls of fame, is still going strong, He left the Globetrotters more than 30 years ago but the "ageless" Clown Prince of Basketball  is still not retired. "Because I left the Globetrotters, it didn't mean I retired," he says from the Scottsdale, Ariz., home he shares with wife Cynthia and the two youngest of his 10 children. "I left one company but kept on doing the same job for another."

He left the Globetrotters, he says, to bring more balance to his life. An ordained minister and Christian evangelist, he awakens daily at 4 a.m. Then, after stretching, shooting baskets and running wind sprints for 2½ hours, he turns to his ministry. As an evangelist, he says, he makes more than 100 appearances a year. Though his focus is on the present and future, he'll happily relive his famous past. Everywhere he turns, it seems, someone is reminding him of a favorite Globetrotters routine. "I'm happy with what we were able to accomplish," Lemon says of his Globetrotters run. "I like what the president called us: 'America's goodwill ambassadors in short pants.'"Which president?"All of them," Lemon says.

 Meadowlark will be featured in the February 2012 magazine . 
Here's just a small peak at the story!

http://slam.com-sub.biz/?gclid=CIuT9aSv86wCFSxrtgodQDKJJg
Click on the link above to see the SLAM main page


The man walks into the Wilmington Hilton lobby wearing navy blue warm ups. On the jacket: “The Harlem All-Stars.” He passes a small table covered with magazines and papers and approaches another, where a journalist from a basketball magazine sits. The journalist is in his early 20s and thinks the man is looking at him like, Who is this kid that’s about to interview me? But that’s not what the man says. Instead he stretches out his huge right hand, smiles a huge smile and says, “Hey there, son, Meadowlark Lemon.”The kid laughs and says, “Yeah, I know, it’s incredible to meet you.”Every couple of years, he comes back here, to Wilmington, NC. Lastnight he played basketball downtown at Cape Fear Community College’s Schwartz Center. It was packed and a little musty and Lemon played against grown men young enough to be his grandsons. He still looked good out there. Sure, it’s not a few decades ago; he moved slower and wore a brace on his right knee. But he’ll tell you that he’s not getting old, just old-er. His legs still rippled, muscular. He still knew the ball like it was part of his soul. He still had a small afro, and his socks and shoes were still white. So were his teeth, and that’s good, because he still always smiles. He was still totally Meadowlark. It was a small gym. The bleachers ran right beside the court. Close to the legend as they’d ever been, fathers—grown men—smiled like giddy children and pointed open-mouthed and gushed to their sons, acting just like those kids would if they saw superstars LeBron James or Kobe Bryant this close.


In a moment Lemon will board the elevator and ride it to his floor
and then later he will head to the Schwartz, where he will entertain
thousands with his smile and a hook shot as timeless as the sea. And win, of course. Then Lemon will fly home. But first, he picks up the magazines on the table and shuffles them together and then lays them down in a neat pile, and somehow the whole room seems a little better than when he walked in.

To read what happened in between get the Slam Feb 2011
or go to
 







Beyond the basketball court, he also is a man with a message.
He learned that joy is not the absence of adversity, but rather joy is the victorious way through adversity. With the recent release of his new book, 
"Trust Your Next Shot,"
In his book, he illustrates the determination it took to overcome poverty, racial prejudice and many other roadblocks that would have sidelined most any other individual. His story reminds us that we are capable of seeing beyond the color of our skin or our  financial status to the potential of our human spirit and the endurance of our determination. Lemon, who was inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 2003, delivers loving reminiscences of his youth, hilarious stories about his days with the Globetrotters and wise instructions for living a joy-filled life.

http://www.meadowlarklemon.org/book.htm
Click on the link above to see the book Details !

http://www.meadowlarklemon.org/camp.htm
Click on the link above to see the Camp Meadowlark 
main page!
What is Camp Meadowlark?
Learning, camaraderie, improvement, Fun, Fun, Fun! Camp Meadowlark, is a boys and girls basketball camp and clinic, founded by Meadowlark Lemon, the focal point of the Harlem Globetrotters for over 24 years. Meadowlark has entertained millions of fans young and old, all over the world. He is a man who loves kids and has put together a complete teaching program to teach youngsters the important skills and fundamentals of basketball. In his camps, Meadowlark will emphasize four attributes of basketball: physical, psychological, social and spiritual.




The Meadowlark Lemon Show
The Meadowlark Lemon Show is broadcast nationally and internationally each week on the Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN). Reaching a potential audience of over 30 million people, Meadowlark talks to successful athletes and entertainers who attribute their success in life to Jesus Christ. The mission of this broadcast, featuring Meadowlark Lemon and others – all considered heroes in the eyes of their fans – is to present the Greatest Hero through the lives and testimony of famous sports and entertainment figures. In each program the viewer has the opportunity to discover the common truth in the lives of these people. These heroes are, in fact, very normal people who may do extraordinary things, yet are made truly heroic by the presence of Jesus Christ in their lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment