Better Homes and Garden Radio


Jean Robb

Volunteer your remarketable gifts and become more marketable!

Volunteer and Market Yourself…Remarkably

“Remarkable Marketable Mehelps you share your remarkable gifts volunteering, making you more marketable along the way.



By Jean Robb

I didn’t have the best childhood. We didn’t have much, so if you needed something you had to find a way to get it. I started working at 11 years old selling candy door to door. I know very scary right, but at 11 years old all I knew was I had to sell a certain amount of candy before I could go home. When I knocked on a door, out came my foot and I didn’t move it until you bought a box of candy. The skills I learned from my difficult childhood, (my lemons) really became a blessing (my lemonade).

I learned at a really young age that persistence will open many doors. As an adult I have walked out on a stage with a tiger after Zig Ziglar and talked to over 2,000 people about overcoming their fears. I know you must be thinking…a tiger? I have volunteered for over 15 years with big cat sanctuaries and have learned you can do something you really love while helping others in remarkable ways. In today’s economy you hear lots of people say they can’t find a job. So what happens?

The longer you’re out of work, you start to lose your contacts. You’re not keeping up with the day-to-day changes in your trade. You’re simply out of the loop. The longer you’re in this position the more the fear sets in. What if I can’t find a job? I have so much to offer, how do I get someone to talk to me? Well as you can see, fear can really take a hold of you, it makes you feel like a deer in the headlights. How do you overcome these things?

First off, STOP listening to the FEAR and STOP making EXCUSES. Look, I’ve made many of the same excuses when I’ve let fear be a part of my life. I now realize that the answer to overcoming the fear is to replace it with remarkable things you can be proud of. Instead of asking why would anyone want to hire me, ask yourself why not me?

After volunteering you could say. Look at the change I’ve made in the lives of others. Look what I’ve learned along the way. Look at the skills I’ve been taught while helping others. Look at the great people I’ve met. They’ve seen first hand the type of passion I put into any job I take on. So how will this work? I have made a commitment to bring you a volunteering opportunity at least once a week. The process of volunteering can be more complicated than people may think.

Email me your news. I have included in each story all the information I received and the direct contacts to make it really easy for you to get your foot in the door.Network, Network, Network” See how you can use that experience to build your resume. Most of all how did you feel about helping others today.

My goal is to get you to share with all of us your experience. Think about how much we can learn from each other. Please email me your pictures and story to remarkablemarketableme@gmail.com so I can post them each day. I will add the trademarks, video and links for you.


Jean Robb is a real estate agent in the Dallas – Fort Worth area who is committed to promoting the importance of volunteering for your community.We have the infrastructure in place with the best real estate team in North Texas, and the process for you and I, together can “give back” to those in need without costing you an extra dime. It’s a win/win for both of us. When you contact me, just mention this page and I'll donate 5% of my commission to any non-profit you want to help!

After reading the above information ask yourself “why would I choose any other realtor”?

Click on the logo located on the sidebar for the story you have an interest in reading.

Each story is interactive. Just scroll over and click on the links in the story to get all the information you'll need for that non profit. Some links will appear as a blank spot in the story. Just scroll over it to activate the link.

Please scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to see how you can follow by email and see the most popular stories.

I make my living as a Realtor. It allows me the opportunity to stay involved with so many charities. If you're in need of a great Realtor please go to http://www.jeanrobb.com

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Matt Damon About The Water Crisis ~ Innovative Water.org is the result of patient homework and uncovering what really works.

   

http://water.org
 On average, worldwide it only costs $25 to provide someone water for life. Costs for improved sanitation is even less. 
How far will you go?



Hi, Jean Robb here. Water is such an important part of our everyday life. Matt Daman has seen first hand what life is like without clean water. There's a really easy way to help!


Each day, many millions of people in developing countries must walk long distances to get the water they need for drinking, cooking, and bathing. Often, this water is contaminated. Water.org, co-founded by Matt Damon and Gary White, helps people in developing countries obtain safe drinking water and basic sanitation (toilets). Working in partnership with those in need, Water.org has transformed hundreds of communities in eight countries – Bangladesh, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Honduras, Guatemala, India, Kenya, and the Philippines – with access to a safe, reliable source of water and basic sanitation. Please find below a sampling of our photo resources, recent feature stories, Water.org headlines, and global water crisis news. If you would like to contact us regarding a media opportunity, please complete the Media Request Form and we will respond as quickly as possible. Thank you for your interest in Water.org and our work.

Nearly one billion people lack access to safe water and 2.5 billion do not have improved sanitation. The health and economic impacts are staggering.

CamelBakGive Bak - Water.org

camelbak water.org
Water bottle

 
Share tweet camelbak water.org
Take the Quiz
Post my score Invite friends
See More


Today’s water crisis is not an issue of scarcity, but of access. More people in the world own cell phones than have access to a toilet. And as cities and slums grow at increasing rates, the situation worsens. Every day, lack of access to clean water and sanitation kills thousands, leaving others with reduced quality of life.

884 million people lack access to safe water supplies; approximately one in eight people. 

 3.575 million people die each year from water-related disease.

People living in the slums often pay 5-10 times more per liter of water than wealthy people living in the same city

An American taking a five-minute shower uses more water than a typical person in a developing country slum uses in a day.





 The water and sanitation crisis claims more lives through disease than any war claims through guns.

 Lack of sanitation is the world’s biggest cause of infection.

 2.5 billion people lack access to improved sanitation, including 1.2 billion people who have no facilities at all.

 Of the 60 million people added to the world’s towns and cities every year, most occupy impoverished slums and shanty-towns with no sanitation 
facilities.

Only 62% of the world’s population has access to improved sanitation – defined as a sanitation facility that ensures hygienic separation of human excreta from human contact


Diarrhea remains in the second leading cause of death among children under five globally. Nearly one in five child deaths – about 1.5 million each year – is due to diarrhea. It kills more young children than AIDS, malaria and measles combined.
 Every 20 seconds, a child dies from a water-related disease. 



Diarrhea is more prevalent in the developing world due, in large part, to the lack of safe drinking water, sanitation and hygiene, as well as poorer overall health and nutritional status 

Children in poor environments often carry 1,000 parasitic worms in their bodies at any time.


In the developing world, 24,000 children under the age of five die every day from preventable causes like diarrhea contracted from unclean water 


1.4 million children die as a result of diarrhea each year.

In just one day, more than 200 million hours of women’s time is consumed for the most basic of human needs — collecting water for domestic use.




One Bottle's Promise

With each purchase of a limited edition Water.org CamelBak Groove bottle, you give a life-changing gift. While it keeps great-tasting filtered water always in your reach, it also brings safe drinking water and sanitation to people in developing countries.

 

  • $10 from every bottle purchased supports Water.org
  • Feature a limited-edition design
  • Environmentally friendly and a great gift
The CamelBak Groove bottle is 100% BPA-free, holds 20 oz, is dishwasher safe, and features the patented CamelBak Big Bite Valve.
Ordering is easy just pick stainless steel or plastic below. In partnership with Amazon.com, this year you qualify for free domestic standard shipping with each order. Additional questions, please visit our Frequent Questions page.


Make a difference

For over two decades we've been working to empower others toward change and a better live with safe water and toilet. You can help us make a difference. No matter your age, no matter your profession, it's your pick. Our greatest need is to continue to raise awareness for the crisis. Fan us online to get instant updates, share our videos, follow the work in real-time, and even fundraise for those without safe water.
Follow us and spread the word. Watch our flicks and share pics online.
Support one of projects around the globe by staying information and donating direclty through my.Water.org


No comments:

Post a Comment