Better Homes and Garden Radio


Jean Robb

Volunteer your remarketable gifts and become more marketable!

Volunteer and Market Yourself…Remarkably

“Remarkable Marketable Mehelps you share your remarkable gifts volunteering, making you more marketable along the way.



By Jean Robb

I didn’t have the best childhood. We didn’t have much, so if you needed something you had to find a way to get it. I started working at 11 years old selling candy door to door. I know very scary right, but at 11 years old all I knew was I had to sell a certain amount of candy before I could go home. When I knocked on a door, out came my foot and I didn’t move it until you bought a box of candy. The skills I learned from my difficult childhood, (my lemons) really became a blessing (my lemonade).

I learned at a really young age that persistence will open many doors. As an adult I have walked out on a stage with a tiger after Zig Ziglar and talked to over 2,000 people about overcoming their fears. I know you must be thinking…a tiger? I have volunteered for over 15 years with big cat sanctuaries and have learned you can do something you really love while helping others in remarkable ways. In today’s economy you hear lots of people say they can’t find a job. So what happens?

The longer you’re out of work, you start to lose your contacts. You’re not keeping up with the day-to-day changes in your trade. You’re simply out of the loop. The longer you’re in this position the more the fear sets in. What if I can’t find a job? I have so much to offer, how do I get someone to talk to me? Well as you can see, fear can really take a hold of you, it makes you feel like a deer in the headlights. How do you overcome these things?

First off, STOP listening to the FEAR and STOP making EXCUSES. Look, I’ve made many of the same excuses when I’ve let fear be a part of my life. I now realize that the answer to overcoming the fear is to replace it with remarkable things you can be proud of. Instead of asking why would anyone want to hire me, ask yourself why not me?

After volunteering you could say. Look at the change I’ve made in the lives of others. Look what I’ve learned along the way. Look at the skills I’ve been taught while helping others. Look at the great people I’ve met. They’ve seen first hand the type of passion I put into any job I take on. So how will this work? I have made a commitment to bring you a volunteering opportunity at least once a week. The process of volunteering can be more complicated than people may think.

Email me your news. I have included in each story all the information I received and the direct contacts to make it really easy for you to get your foot in the door.Network, Network, Network” See how you can use that experience to build your resume. Most of all how did you feel about helping others today.

My goal is to get you to share with all of us your experience. Think about how much we can learn from each other. Please email me your pictures and story to remarkablemarketableme@gmail.com so I can post them each day. I will add the trademarks, video and links for you.


Jean Robb is a real estate agent in the Dallas – Fort Worth area who is committed to promoting the importance of volunteering for your community.We have the infrastructure in place with the best real estate team in North Texas, and the process for you and I, together can “give back” to those in need without costing you an extra dime. It’s a win/win for both of us. When you contact me, just mention this page and I'll donate 5% of my commission to any non-profit you want to help!

After reading the above information ask yourself “why would I choose any other realtor”?

Click on the logo located on the sidebar for the story you have an interest in reading.

Each story is interactive. Just scroll over and click on the links in the story to get all the information you'll need for that non profit. Some links will appear as a blank spot in the story. Just scroll over it to activate the link.

Please scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to see how you can follow by email and see the most popular stories.

I make my living as a Realtor. It allows me the opportunity to stay involved with so many charities. If you're in need of a great Realtor please go to http://www.jeanrobb.com

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Tom Fay hates cancer but loves his mom so he runs for a cure!

    

ATG Supported Charity: 

 Help Tom Fay in his quest to KO Cancer!

 

Hi, Jean Robb here. Nothing touches my heart more than a boy that loves his mom! Tom Fay is a great example of that love. Please take a minute to see how you can help him in is fight against cancer. They'll be a link to click to show your support. Give what you can. 
No amount is too small.


Hey Everyone,
 A very supportive friend of mine is going to run a marathon to combat blood cancer and needs support.  Tom Fay hates Cancer..He also Hates Running. But he LOVES his mom, So he's Running for Cures for Cancer.  I ask that everyone contribute what they can.  Nothing is too little! Just click the link below a contribute a punch to the metaphorical face of Cancer:
http://pages.teamintraining.org/de/zooma12/tfaybs








The following is a message from Tom Fay:
My name is Tom Fay and I want to Fist Fight Cancer....But i can't right now. BUT what I CAN do (WITH YOUR HELP) is raise money to help find a cure.

If you help Tom and contribute to a F'n GREAT cause I will make sure the entire ATG Crew follows you on Twitter!!! (Not sure if it matters to you much but it should)

Thanks Everyone!!



My Fundraising Page

http://pages.teamintraining.org/de/zooma12/tfaybs 

Click on the link above to see Tom's fundraising page!

My name is Tom Fay and I want to Fist Fight Cancer....But i can't right now. BUT what I CAN do (WITH YOUR HELP) is raise money to help find a cure.

Welcome to my Team "Run For Your Lives" home page.

 My brothers (Matt & John) and myself are on a mission-to help find cures and more effective treatments for blood cancers That my Mother and millions of others are living with. To accomplish that mission, I’m participating in a 13k run as a member of The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society’s (LLS) Team In Training. Like the other members of TNT, I will be raising funds to help find cures and better treatments for leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin’s disease and myeloma. I’m improving the quality of my life by participating and with YOUR SUPPORT, I can help improve the quality of life for patients and their families as well.

 

Please make a donation in support of me and my brothers efforts with 
"Run For Your Lives" and help advance the research for cures.

No donation is too little. 
And I thank you in advance.

Sincerely, 
Tom Fay

 



Blood Cancer Symptoms



Blood cancer is a generalized term for malignancy which attacks the blood, bone marrow, or lymphatic system. There are three kinds of blood cancer: leukemia, lymphoma, and multiple myeloma. All of them can be treated through blood cancer treatments.
Leukemia is malignancy of cells in the blood. Lymphoma refers to malignant tumors of the lymph system. Myeloma is malignancy of plasma cells. Plasma cells are the cells in bone marrow that produce antibodies. Collectively they are called Hematological malignancies.
Some of the common blood cancer symptoms:
  • Weakness, Fatigue, Malaise and Breathlessness
  • Minimal body strain results inbone fractures
  • Excessive or easy bruising
  • Bleeding gums or frequent nose bleeds
  • Recurrent infections or fever
  • Excessive sweating of body during night
  • Weight loss
  • Frequent vomiting sensations
  • Anorexia
  • Lymph node (gland) enlargement
  • Lumps or abdominal distension due to enlarged abdominal organs
  • Abdominal pain, Bone pain and Back pain
  • Delirium and confusion
  • Abnormal bleeding in gums nose and cuts, which will result in platelet redution
  • Headaches with occurrence of visual difficulties
  • Occurrence of fine rashes on dark spots
  • Decreased urination and difficulty whil urinating
Some of the specific leukemia blood cancer symptoms are anemia, recurrent infections, bone and joint pain, abdominal distress and difficult in breathing or dyspnea.
In case of lymphomas blood cancer the symptoms depend on location of cancer, where it has spread, and the size of the tumor. It begins with swelling in the neck, underarm, or groin.
The first sign of multiple myeloma is bone pain due to bony distruction by plasma cells. Some of the prominent symptoms include bleeding gums, nose bleeds and easy bruising. Unexplained bone fractures, kidney failure, persistent infections and weight loss are other signs of the disease.

Incidences of Blood Cancer Types Each Year:
S.No. Blood Cancer Type Percentage Per One Lack of Population
1. Leukemia 12.2
2. Myeloma 5.6
3. Lymphoma 2.8
Latest Statistical Facts about Blood Cancer in United States:
  • Symptoms of blood cancer are confirmed using the Dignostic test – Biopsy.
  • After every 4 minutes, an individual from America is diagnosed with blood cancer by such tests.
  • Every 10 minutes, this disease takes the life of an individual.
  • It means 146 people die every day because of this disease.
  • Approximately 1,39,860 people are going to be diagnosed with all the three types of blood cancer in the year 2009.
  • These people constitute 9.5% of the total number of new cancer cases ( 1,479, 350 ) diagnosed in the whole country.
  • 53,240 people out of the 1,39,860 diagnosed, are estimated to lose their lives this year owing to this dreadful disease.
  • The total cancer deaths estimated in the year 2009 are 5,62,340.
  • Blood cancer deaths will comprise 9.5% of these deaths.
  • Leukemia is the most common type of blood cancer in children affecting the age group of 0-19 years.
  • It comprises 31% of cancers affecting the children in United States.
  • 2,655 children within the mentioned age group, are estimated to be diagnosed with this disease in 2009.
  • The symptoms of blood cancer remain latent and dangerously make the disese apparent in its last stages.
Does Cancer cause Blood Clots ?
Research studies conducted at the University of Aquila, Italy suggest that children suffering from Leukemia are at high risks of facing Thrombosis while they are provided the cancer treatment. Thrombosis is the technical name given to clotting of blood in the deep veins of the body. In the research, 1,752 children suffering from this dreadful disease were considered. In 5.2% of these children, the study found the complication of blood clotting. The researchers however were successful in finding out the therapies and medical procedures for addressing the risk of blood clotting.
For Detailed Information on Types and Treatment of Blood Cancer, Visit -
Types of Blood Cancer
Blood Cancer Treatment

No comments:

Post a Comment