Better Homes and Garden Radio


Jean Robb

Volunteer your remarketable gifts and become more marketable!

Volunteer and Market Yourself…Remarkably

“Remarkable Marketable Mehelps you share your remarkable gifts volunteering, making you more marketable along the way.



By Jean Robb

I didn’t have the best childhood. We didn’t have much, so if you needed something you had to find a way to get it. I started working at 11 years old selling candy door to door. I know very scary right, but at 11 years old all I knew was I had to sell a certain amount of candy before I could go home. When I knocked on a door, out came my foot and I didn’t move it until you bought a box of candy. The skills I learned from my difficult childhood, (my lemons) really became a blessing (my lemonade).

I learned at a really young age that persistence will open many doors. As an adult I have walked out on a stage with a tiger after Zig Ziglar and talked to over 2,000 people about overcoming their fears. I know you must be thinking…a tiger? I have volunteered for over 15 years with big cat sanctuaries and have learned you can do something you really love while helping others in remarkable ways. In today’s economy you hear lots of people say they can’t find a job. So what happens?

The longer you’re out of work, you start to lose your contacts. You’re not keeping up with the day-to-day changes in your trade. You’re simply out of the loop. The longer you’re in this position the more the fear sets in. What if I can’t find a job? I have so much to offer, how do I get someone to talk to me? Well as you can see, fear can really take a hold of you, it makes you feel like a deer in the headlights. How do you overcome these things?

First off, STOP listening to the FEAR and STOP making EXCUSES. Look, I’ve made many of the same excuses when I’ve let fear be a part of my life. I now realize that the answer to overcoming the fear is to replace it with remarkable things you can be proud of. Instead of asking why would anyone want to hire me, ask yourself why not me?

After volunteering you could say. Look at the change I’ve made in the lives of others. Look what I’ve learned along the way. Look at the skills I’ve been taught while helping others. Look at the great people I’ve met. They’ve seen first hand the type of passion I put into any job I take on. So how will this work? I have made a commitment to bring you a volunteering opportunity at least once a week. The process of volunteering can be more complicated than people may think.

Email me your news. I have included in each story all the information I received and the direct contacts to make it really easy for you to get your foot in the door.Network, Network, Network” See how you can use that experience to build your resume. Most of all how did you feel about helping others today.

My goal is to get you to share with all of us your experience. Think about how much we can learn from each other. Please email me your pictures and story to remarkablemarketableme@gmail.com so I can post them each day. I will add the trademarks, video and links for you.


Jean Robb is a real estate agent in the Dallas – Fort Worth area who is committed to promoting the importance of volunteering for your community.We have the infrastructure in place with the best real estate team in North Texas, and the process for you and I, together can “give back” to those in need without costing you an extra dime. It’s a win/win for both of us. When you contact me, just mention this page and I'll donate 5% of my commission to any non-profit you want to help!

After reading the above information ask yourself “why would I choose any other realtor”?

Click on the logo located on the sidebar for the story you have an interest in reading.

Each story is interactive. Just scroll over and click on the links in the story to get all the information you'll need for that non profit. Some links will appear as a blank spot in the story. Just scroll over it to activate the link.

Please scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to see how you can follow by email and see the most popular stories.

I make my living as a Realtor. It allows me the opportunity to stay involved with so many charities. If you're in need of a great Realtor please go to http://www.jeanrobb.com

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Lions, Tigers, No Bears


Click the logo above to visit the CARE web page
The Center For Animal Research and Education was founded as a NON-profit organization in 2003 to provide for the rescue, rehabilitation, and holistic nurturing of sick, injured, and abused Big Cats. C.A.R.E. is dedicated to providing these majestic creatures with a safe habitat so they can live with dignity and comfort.

I've worked with CARE for over 15 years. Heidi Berry is the Director of CARE and one of the hardest working women I know. Together we've traveled to do educational shows and fundraisers, built new homes for the cats, cleaned enclosures and fed over 50 big cats and so much more,

you name it we've done it. I've worked with many of these cats from birth,they always remember the love you gave them. This is not an easy job to volunteer for, you work out doors in the rain, heat, and snow but it has been a gift for me in so many ways. Some of my best memories are "Papa lion" sitting at the fence with me at the end of the day, seeing the sunset behind him and thinking " there must be a power much greater than me to create him".Every time I go to "Spotty the leopard" he gives me kisses my heart melts. "Samson the lion" still runs up to me as soon as he see's my car. Wow, a lion happy to see me.How many people can say that? Jake, an old tiger from CARE, has passed away but when he was alive his love was unconditional.  CARE taught me how much you really do get back every time you give. I've watched these big cats be forgiving of the past bad treatment they received before CARE. They are trusting of us and have truly become part of our family. Heidi is the momma cat to all of these babies and worries everyday if she will have the money , volunteers and health to provide a safe home for them . Although I work with other big cat centers, CARE holds the special place in my heart.

Here are some of the cats at CARE.




As promised here are some things from my list to consider.

Did I make good contacts?
Too many to ever list.

Did I overcome my fear?
Working with big cats, I think so.

Did I learn and try something new?
15 years ago I knew very little about them. I can now train people to work with them. Lots of hard work!

Can I network to get the word out about CARE?
I'm also a Realtor, CARE's information is on everything I give to my clients.I'm also getting to tell all of you about CARE.
So the answer is yes!

Does this experience give me something remarkable 

to talk about?
I'd say you will not meet many big cat trainers, so Yes!

At the end of the day, how do I feel after helping out at CARE?
Words cannot describe how happy I am to be a part of this center.The gift has been returned a thousand times.

As you can see I would do this everyday of my life if I could. The best thing I can do for CARE is invite you to become a part of our family.  Please go to 
www.bigcatcare.org for more information.



 http://www.bigcatcare.org/CARENEWS.htm
To receive your news letter from CARE go to web site main page and click the   
Subscribe to the CARE Newsletter!

2 comments:

  1. Totally awesome story! I plan to get with you as soon as possible to visit the cats at C.A.R.E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the big cats at CARE. I've seen first hand what a great job Heidi does and how hard all of the volunteers work. Keep up the good work.
    Derek

    ReplyDelete