By the end of the day the house had siding. I was so proud of myself. I worked with two great guys one of them a computer engineer. He will be a good person to know. I was given a "Computer for Dummies" book by my 11 year old niece for Christmas. I"m sure this is a good contact for me. LOL. Seeing the new home owner work on the home made me think about how much pride we have in things we work hard for.I was so happy to help.Before I knew it, my time was done and because I'm Italian, Hugs For Everyone! I smiled all the way home.
building a dream for a deserving family.
This is the information I received from Habitat.
- Partner family members/friends (the people buying the home)
- Sponsor volunteer (coming out as part of a group)
- Occasional volunteer
- Core volunteer
- Reply to this e-mail and let me know you’d like to become a Core Volunteer. You will need to choose 2 to 4 of the following Saturday dates to volunteer: Aug. 7, 14, 21, and 28, Sept. 11, 18, and 25. You know your schedule better than we do, so we are relying on you to communicate with us. Space available depends on the number of projects (and that depends on funding). We’ll communicate details during the week of the Saturdays for which you volunteer. If you are available during the week and not on Saturdays, please let me know so we can schedule a time to meet in my office.
- You need to sign in at the job site each morning on the blue sign in sheets. After you have completed the number of days you requested, you’ll be invited to attend a Core Volunteer Orientation at the Habitat offices, where you’ll find out more about Habitat International and how the Dallas affiliate operates. Please stay in communication with us if your schedule changes.
- After completing the Orientation you can join any of the task-specific crews (Framing, Trusses, Roofing, Siding, Painting or a catch-all Swing or Whole House Crews) or the Wednesday/Thursday/Shop crews. You will still be expected to work at least one day per month to maintain CV status but will receive communication each week with the schedule and any announcements.