Better Homes and Garden Radio


Jean Robb

Volunteer your remarketable gifts and become more marketable!

Volunteer and Market Yourself…Remarkably

“Remarkable Marketable Mehelps you share your remarkable gifts volunteering, making you more marketable along the way.



By Jean Robb

I didn’t have the best childhood. We didn’t have much, so if you needed something you had to find a way to get it. I started working at 11 years old selling candy door to door. I know very scary right, but at 11 years old all I knew was I had to sell a certain amount of candy before I could go home. When I knocked on a door, out came my foot and I didn’t move it until you bought a box of candy. The skills I learned from my difficult childhood, (my lemons) really became a blessing (my lemonade).

I learned at a really young age that persistence will open many doors. As an adult I have walked out on a stage with a tiger after Zig Ziglar and talked to over 2,000 people about overcoming their fears. I know you must be thinking…a tiger? I have volunteered for over 15 years with big cat sanctuaries and have learned you can do something you really love while helping others in remarkable ways. In today’s economy you hear lots of people say they can’t find a job. So what happens?

The longer you’re out of work, you start to lose your contacts. You’re not keeping up with the day-to-day changes in your trade. You’re simply out of the loop. The longer you’re in this position the more the fear sets in. What if I can’t find a job? I have so much to offer, how do I get someone to talk to me? Well as you can see, fear can really take a hold of you, it makes you feel like a deer in the headlights. How do you overcome these things?

First off, STOP listening to the FEAR and STOP making EXCUSES. Look, I’ve made many of the same excuses when I’ve let fear be a part of my life. I now realize that the answer to overcoming the fear is to replace it with remarkable things you can be proud of. Instead of asking why would anyone want to hire me, ask yourself why not me?

After volunteering you could say. Look at the change I’ve made in the lives of others. Look what I’ve learned along the way. Look at the skills I’ve been taught while helping others. Look at the great people I’ve met. They’ve seen first hand the type of passion I put into any job I take on. So how will this work? I have made a commitment to bring you a volunteering opportunity at least once a week. The process of volunteering can be more complicated than people may think.

Email me your news. I have included in each story all the information I received and the direct contacts to make it really easy for you to get your foot in the door.Network, Network, Network” See how you can use that experience to build your resume. Most of all how did you feel about helping others today.

My goal is to get you to share with all of us your experience. Think about how much we can learn from each other. Please email me your pictures and story to remarkablemarketableme@gmail.com so I can post them each day. I will add the trademarks, video and links for you.


Jean Robb is a real estate agent in the Dallas – Fort Worth area who is committed to promoting the importance of volunteering for your community.We have the infrastructure in place with the best real estate team in North Texas, and the process for you and I, together can “give back” to those in need without costing you an extra dime. It’s a win/win for both of us. When you contact me, just mention this page and I'll donate 5% of my commission to any non-profit you want to help!

After reading the above information ask yourself “why would I choose any other realtor”?

Click on the logo located on the sidebar for the story you have an interest in reading.

Each story is interactive. Just scroll over and click on the links in the story to get all the information you'll need for that non profit. Some links will appear as a blank spot in the story. Just scroll over it to activate the link.

Please scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to see how you can follow by email and see the most popular stories.

I make my living as a Realtor. It allows me the opportunity to stay involved with so many charities. If you're in need of a great Realtor please go to http://www.jeanrobb.com

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Give a home and a new start to a Gentle Giant.......... Great Plains Mastiff Rescue

http://www.greatplainsmastiffrescue.org/index.php
                             Please click on the link above to get to the 
                       Great Plains Mastiff Rescue main page

Story by Abigail Johnson

Dearest Jean,
I guess you could say my story comes from finding a place that allows me the opportunity to thrive in provide for animals. I am just a girl that wants to help. I have found over time that these GENTLE GIANTS have become my passion, after Bear came into my life. He is my Old English Mastiff. 
Bumper and Bear
For many years Bear and I had a lifelong friend my dog Bumper.After Bumper pasted away, Bear and I decided to foster other Old English Mastiffs together as partners. Bear trains them to the routine around the house, and I provide, love care and home for animals that have been dropped off at shelters, abused or need urgent care. I take them to the vet, get them up to date (both weight, heartworms and medication) and a stable environmen to live.Over my time with Great Plains Mastiff Rescue I had the opportunity to work with some very special dogs and people. 
Simba
  I had Simba a 4 year old male that was heartworm positive when he arrived and after he recovered a 13 year old boy became his best friend and new owner. 

Beautiful Baby Girl!


I also had Baby Girl a 2 year old healthy Mastiff but her old owners lost their job and had to move. Baby Girl and her brother were placed in a shelter. Her brother was put down before we could rescue him. Baby Girl was rescued and after living with me for 2 1/2 months went to a really great 64 year old woman. She overcame her fear of the size on the dog and fell in love with the size of Baby Girls heart.  Currently, I have a beautiful fawn English Mastiff named Kira. 
Kira healthy today
Kira when she arrived
 Dawn Cook, our foster coordinator for Great Plains Mastiff Rescue,  called me and said she had a pretty serious case, that belonged with me. I met and her and Kira and really saw how I could help this girl.  My heart went out to her. Only weighting in at 101 lbs. after being tied to a catch pole and abused, heartworm positive and had a litter of pups not to much before she got to me (maybe 3-6 months). Her fear level is high, but you can see in her eyes, she is a sweet girl.  I brought her home. Currently, she is heart worm negative, has all her shots, been spayed, and is 140lbs. to date. 
http://fortworth.citysearch.com/profile/9749406/fort_worth_tx/central_animal_hospital.html
http://www.paulspetfood.com/
 Thank you Central Animal Hospital and Natures' Select for providing great food, medication and making Kira a more stable dog.  At this point, I am in the process of adopting this most amazing animal who has touched our lives and become a part of our family. Dawn was right! Kira has a little t-shirt being made that states "I have had a ruff life, please ask before petting," to assist in her training.  I will still be able to help the organization in transporting dogs, filling out paperwork for new foster families and forever homes, checking on dogs in shelter and fund raising. This is an amazing group of people to work with and the dogs well they deserve a life.

To find out more about the Great Plains Mastiff Rescue serving Texas and Oklahoma  click on the link above.
 Here is some addition information about 
Great Plains Mastiff Rescue

Urgent Fosters Needed!
GPMR has several dogs in need of special foster homes.
Please read their information below and if you can help,

Chester 1  


Highlighted Dogs:
Leroy-Adoption Pending Leroy-Adoption Pending
Meet Leroy!  We rescued him from a shelter in Oklahoma, he is about 4 years old.  He got o...read more about Leroy-Adoption Pending
Butkis-Medical Hold Butkis-Medical Hold
Say Hello to Butkis!  He was rescued from a shelter in TX when his owner could no longer keep h...read more about Butkis-Medical Hold
Dolly-Medical Hold Dolly-Medical Hold
Meet Dolly!  She was rescued from a shelter in Arkansas where she was surrendered by her elderl...read more about Dolly-Medical Hold
Duncan-Medical Hold Duncan-Medical Hold
Meet Duncan!  His story is a sad one.  He was rescued by a good samaritan in the country o...read more about Duncan-Medical Hold
Vegas Vegas
Vegas came into rescue with her son Doc Holiday and daughter Presley when her owners fell on hard ti...read more about Vegas



Donations

Great Plains Mastiff Rescue is a group of volunteers dedicated to the rescue, foster care, rehabilitation, and adoption of Mastiffs. We do not maintain a headquarters building. To keep costs to a minimum, we work out of our homes and volunteer our time.

However, Mastiff rescue is expensive in terms of food, medical care, and somtimes rehabilitation. Each Mastiff who comes to us is checked over thoroughly by one of our veterinarians. They are tested for heartworm and other parasites. Their vaccinations are brought up-to-date. We maintain each of them on heartworm preventative, as well as flea and tick preventative. We microchip each Mastiff to assure they never become "lost" again. If they have social or behavioral problems we take them to professional classes for modification. We want to give each of our Mastiffs the best chance to live out the rest of their lives in a warm and loving home.

GPMR is a 501(c)3 Nonprofit public charity organization and all gifts and donations are tax deductible. Your donation will allow us to continue to rescue and rehabilitate Mastiffs and find them a home where they can give the love and joy they were meant to give.

Please take a moment to make a tax-deductible donation through Paypal by using the link below, or mail a check to Great Plains Mastiff Rescue, P.O. Box 6173, Edmond Ok 73083-6173 
 If you or someone you know has a place in their heart and a home for a Gentle Giant please think of
Great plains Mastiff Rescue!


Dear Jean,

I can't thank you enough for featuring Abby's story on your site this
week.  What a fantastic idea for a blog and we are honored to share your
front page this week!

Sincerely,
Deb Butkus
President, GPMR

5 comments:

  1. Abbie
    Thank you so much for sharing your story. You have a heart as big as the dogs you care for!
    Jean Robb

    ReplyDelete
  2. You All Rock!
    Thank You So Much.
    From all of our GPMR Rescue Babies and all of us volunteers who love them so.

    peace,
    dawn cook

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's my pleasure to show the important work you do for those sweet babies. Thanks for giving so much to make a better life for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, I love to hear how Kira is thriving. She was such a scared girl but I saw it in her eyes, too.. you were her salvation, Abbie!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's in great hands with the perfect momma,

    ReplyDelete