Better Homes and Garden Radio


Jean Robb

Volunteer your remarketable gifts and become more marketable!

Volunteer and Market Yourself…Remarkably

“Remarkable Marketable Mehelps you share your remarkable gifts volunteering, making you more marketable along the way.



By Jean Robb

I didn’t have the best childhood. We didn’t have much, so if you needed something you had to find a way to get it. I started working at 11 years old selling candy door to door. I know very scary right, but at 11 years old all I knew was I had to sell a certain amount of candy before I could go home. When I knocked on a door, out came my foot and I didn’t move it until you bought a box of candy. The skills I learned from my difficult childhood, (my lemons) really became a blessing (my lemonade).

I learned at a really young age that persistence will open many doors. As an adult I have walked out on a stage with a tiger after Zig Ziglar and talked to over 2,000 people about overcoming their fears. I know you must be thinking…a tiger? I have volunteered for over 15 years with big cat sanctuaries and have learned you can do something you really love while helping others in remarkable ways. In today’s economy you hear lots of people say they can’t find a job. So what happens?

The longer you’re out of work, you start to lose your contacts. You’re not keeping up with the day-to-day changes in your trade. You’re simply out of the loop. The longer you’re in this position the more the fear sets in. What if I can’t find a job? I have so much to offer, how do I get someone to talk to me? Well as you can see, fear can really take a hold of you, it makes you feel like a deer in the headlights. How do you overcome these things?

First off, STOP listening to the FEAR and STOP making EXCUSES. Look, I’ve made many of the same excuses when I’ve let fear be a part of my life. I now realize that the answer to overcoming the fear is to replace it with remarkable things you can be proud of. Instead of asking why would anyone want to hire me, ask yourself why not me?

After volunteering you could say. Look at the change I’ve made in the lives of others. Look what I’ve learned along the way. Look at the skills I’ve been taught while helping others. Look at the great people I’ve met. They’ve seen first hand the type of passion I put into any job I take on. So how will this work? I have made a commitment to bring you a volunteering opportunity at least once a week. The process of volunteering can be more complicated than people may think.

Email me your news. I have included in each story all the information I received and the direct contacts to make it really easy for you to get your foot in the door.Network, Network, Network” See how you can use that experience to build your resume. Most of all how did you feel about helping others today.

My goal is to get you to share with all of us your experience. Think about how much we can learn from each other. Please email me your pictures and story to remarkablemarketableme@gmail.com so I can post them each day. I will add the trademarks, video and links for you.


Jean Robb is a real estate agent in the Dallas – Fort Worth area who is committed to promoting the importance of volunteering for your community.We have the infrastructure in place with the best real estate team in North Texas, and the process for you and I, together can “give back” to those in need without costing you an extra dime. It’s a win/win for both of us. When you contact me, just mention this page and I'll donate 5% of my commission to any non-profit you want to help!

After reading the above information ask yourself “why would I choose any other realtor”?

Click on the logo located on the sidebar for the story you have an interest in reading.

Each story is interactive. Just scroll over and click on the links in the story to get all the information you'll need for that non profit. Some links will appear as a blank spot in the story. Just scroll over it to activate the link.

Please scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to see how you can follow by email and see the most popular stories.

I make my living as a Realtor. It allows me the opportunity to stay involved with so many charities. If you're in need of a great Realtor please go to http://www.jeanrobb.com

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Building Confidence ~ Habitat for Humanity

                 

http://www.habitat.org
Click on the link above to see the Habitat for Humanity main page!
Hi Jean Robb here.
As a Realtor, I really believe in Habitat for Humanity. 
I've built homes, signed petitions and helped financially.
I've seen first hand the difference they make. 
Every family deserves a place to call home. These families are not asking for a hand out, they're asking for a helping hand. Please sign the petition below so the government will continue to support building homes for families in need!

 Volunteer locally
  • Volunteer with your local Habitat for Humanity
    To volunteer in your community, use our search engine to find the Habitat for Humanity near you and find out about their volunteer opportunities.
  • Youth Programs
    Habitat for Humanity projects and volunteer opportunities for youth ages 5 to 25, their teachers and youth group leaders.
  • Women Build
    Learn construction skills while building homes alongside other women.
  • RV Care-A-Vanners
    Combine the fun of recreational vehicle travel with a fulfilling Habitat for Humanity volunteer experience!
  • A Brush with Kindness
    Revitalize neighborhoods and serve homeowners by maintaining the exterior of Habitat homes.
    Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity around the world
  • Global Village Program
    Help build decent, affordable housing around the world on a short-term volunteer trip.
  • International Volunteer Program
    Make a difference in the world! Spend 6 to 12 months volunteering in Habitat offices overseas.
Commit to a long-term volunteer program.
  • U.S. Volunteer Program
    Experience the place where Habitat for Humanity was started! Volunteer your skills for 2 to 6 months at our international headquarters in Americus, Georgia.
  • National Service (Habitat AmeriCorps/VISTA)
    Service-minded individuals ages 18 and older live at and work with local Habitat affiliates while earning living allowances and receiving an education award upon completion of service.

    Donate to Habitat for Humanity and put your faith into action.

    Shelter from rain, wind and sun is a basic human need.
    Habitat for Humanity provides decent, affordable houses to families in need. Habitat homeowners gain self-respect as they work alongside volunteers to construct their homes. Since 1976, our ministry has built or repaired over 400,000 houses worldwide for more than 2 million people.
    Please make a donation today using our secure online donation form.
    We partner with as many families as possible, but the problem of inadequate housing has reached critical proportions globally. Your donation helps to build affordable housing for families in need, providing them with shelter and the hope of a better life.

    Dear Jean,

    Do you have a minute to help make sure the Obama administration hears our message?

    Last week, our CEO, Jonathan Reckford, wrote to the Obama administration about an important issue—improving the lives of people living in slums throughout the world. I hope you can take a moment to reinforce his critical message.

    By the year 2030, we expect that as many as 2 billion people worldwide will be living in slums, facing overcrowding, unsafe housing, unsanitary conditions and limited access to safe water. Without real housing solutions for people in the poorest countries, other efforts at development are destined to fail—efforts to improve public health, education and disaster recovery don’t succeed unless people live in safe and healthy homes.

    By the year 2030, we expect that as many as 2 billion people worldwide will be living in slums, facing overcrowding, unsafe housing, unsanitary conditions and limited access to safe water. Without real housing solutions for people in the poorest countries, other efforts at development are destined to fail—efforts to improve public health, education and disaster recovery don’t succeed unless people live in safe and healthy homes.
    President Obama recently highlighted the importance of leadership in changing the lives of people living in slums. Habitat for Humanity wants him to know that we are ready to work with him to improve the lives of slum-dwellers globally. From passing critical legislation to increasing cooperation between agencies and throughout the international community, Habitat will play a key role in enacting strategies that work in an ever-urbanizing world.Please take a moment to add your voice. In just a few minutes, you can reach out to the White House to make sure they know you support Habitat’s work to find real housing solutions for people in need. 
     
    Thank you for all that you do.

    Sincerely,

    Liz Blake
    Senior Vice President
    Habitat for Humanity International
    Please tell Congress to avoid short-sighted and dangerous cuts -- take action!

No comments:

Post a Comment