On today’s episode, we meet veterans who are building successful careers as farmers and helping others do the same. Chef Nathan puts together a fresh, summer cantaloupe salad – the perfect lunch for cooling off and nourishing the body on these summer days!
For more information:
- Veterans to Farmers Coalition
- Veteran’s Farm (the farm featured in this episode)
- Web Exclusive Video: Occupational Therapy Tips
- American Occupational Therapy Association
- Jacksonville Farm Helps Vets Heal
- Chef Nathan’s Cantaloupe Strawberry Salad Recipe
Join the visitor professors from First Coast Technical College (FCtC) coming out to teach a class on datil peppers and other crops. More »
Joining forces together for a common cause
- Work Vessels for VeteransProviding vessels (i.e. tractors equipment, land etc) for our veterans to help them start farming after the fellowship program.
A main fiscal 501c3 non profit sponsor.
- The Mission Continues
Providing fellowship funds/money for the 6-month fellowship, while the veterans are learning during the program at the farm.
- Farmers Veterans Coalition
Provides farming mentorship, guidance, resources and some job placement opportunities for our vets who want to work for a larger farming organization.
- Bestowed the “Star of Honor” by WVFV
- Good Person of the Year Award
- A Mission Continues “Fellow”
- Bob Woodruff Foundation “Fellow”
7749 Normandy Blvd #145
Jacksonville, Fl 32221
For Media Inquries contact:
Shaun Valdivia (USMC), Public Relations Coordinator