Better Homes and Garden Radio


Jean Robb

Volunteer your remarketable gifts and become more marketable!

Volunteer and Market Yourself…Remarkably

“Remarkable Marketable Mehelps you share your remarkable gifts volunteering, making you more marketable along the way.



By Jean Robb

I didn’t have the best childhood. We didn’t have much, so if you needed something you had to find a way to get it. I started working at 11 years old selling candy door to door. I know very scary right, but at 11 years old all I knew was I had to sell a certain amount of candy before I could go home. When I knocked on a door, out came my foot and I didn’t move it until you bought a box of candy. The skills I learned from my difficult childhood, (my lemons) really became a blessing (my lemonade).

I learned at a really young age that persistence will open many doors. As an adult I have walked out on a stage with a tiger after Zig Ziglar and talked to over 2,000 people about overcoming their fears. I know you must be thinking…a tiger? I have volunteered for over 15 years with big cat sanctuaries and have learned you can do something you really love while helping others in remarkable ways. In today’s economy you hear lots of people say they can’t find a job. So what happens?

The longer you’re out of work, you start to lose your contacts. You’re not keeping up with the day-to-day changes in your trade. You’re simply out of the loop. The longer you’re in this position the more the fear sets in. What if I can’t find a job? I have so much to offer, how do I get someone to talk to me? Well as you can see, fear can really take a hold of you, it makes you feel like a deer in the headlights. How do you overcome these things?

First off, STOP listening to the FEAR and STOP making EXCUSES. Look, I’ve made many of the same excuses when I’ve let fear be a part of my life. I now realize that the answer to overcoming the fear is to replace it with remarkable things you can be proud of. Instead of asking why would anyone want to hire me, ask yourself why not me?

After volunteering you could say. Look at the change I’ve made in the lives of others. Look what I’ve learned along the way. Look at the skills I’ve been taught while helping others. Look at the great people I’ve met. They’ve seen first hand the type of passion I put into any job I take on. So how will this work? I have made a commitment to bring you a volunteering opportunity at least once a week. The process of volunteering can be more complicated than people may think.

Email me your news. I have included in each story all the information I received and the direct contacts to make it really easy for you to get your foot in the door.Network, Network, Network” See how you can use that experience to build your resume. Most of all how did you feel about helping others today.

My goal is to get you to share with all of us your experience. Think about how much we can learn from each other. Please email me your pictures and story to remarkablemarketableme@gmail.com so I can post them each day. I will add the trademarks, video and links for you.


Jean Robb is a real estate agent in the Dallas – Fort Worth area who is committed to promoting the importance of volunteering for your community.We have the infrastructure in place with the best real estate team in North Texas, and the process for you and I, together can “give back” to those in need without costing you an extra dime. It’s a win/win for both of us. When you contact me, just mention this page and I'll donate 5% of my commission to any non-profit you want to help!

After reading the above information ask yourself “why would I choose any other realtor”?

Click on the logo located on the sidebar for the story you have an interest in reading.

Each story is interactive. Just scroll over and click on the links in the story to get all the information you'll need for that non profit. Some links will appear as a blank spot in the story. Just scroll over it to activate the link.

Please scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to see how you can follow by email and see the most popular stories.

I make my living as a Realtor. It allows me the opportunity to stay involved with so many charities. If you're in need of a great Realtor please go to http://www.jeanrobb.com

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Ape Action Africa - Their goals are to address the immediate threats faced by gorillas and chimps in Africa

 
http://www.apeactionafrica.org/about-us
Click on the link above to see the Ape Action Africa main page!

Ape Conservation in Africa


Wild gorillas and chimpanzees are on the brink of extinction. Habitat loss and poaching threaten these magnificent animals like never before. 

Ape Action Africa is committed to ape conservation in Africa - protecting Cameroon’s great apes through direct action, including rescuing orphaned gorillas, chimpanzees and monkeys, giving them a safe forest sanctuary home where they can live with their own kind.

Adopt an Ape


We have over 320 primates in our care, including 110 chimps and 20 gorillas, and they all need food, shelter and medicines. Chimps and gorillas can live for 40/50 years so we have a long term commitment to them.….and you can help us take care of them by adopting one of our orphans and becoming involved in their lives with regular updates, watching them grow into their new family groups.

For £30 or $50 per year, less than 60p a week or $1 a week, you can get directly involved in conservation and make a difference where it counts. You can give the great apes a future. 

You will receive:

  • A biography and photo of your adopted animal
  • Regular newsletters
  • a 6 monthly update on your adopted animal
  • The personal reward of making a difference to an individual ape

And if you’re struggling to find a gift for someone, an adoption is a great idea!
  

Click on their names in the menu above to meet our apes and decide who to adopt, then complete our online adoption form

If you have any queries about adopting one of our apes, email us at adoptions@apeactionafrica.org and we'll get back to you.



Hi, Jean Robb here. This is a follow up story for Robin Huffman and her efforts to help Ape Action Africa!  I received a sweet letter in response to the story posted yesterday. I'm including the story here so you can see first hand the sweet person Robin is and her passion for volunteering . Please consider helping Robin get to Africa !


 Here's Robin letter!
How can someone be as lucky as me to have people like you flowing bountifully through my life?  I would really, really love it and appreciate it tremendously if you could help spread the word and direct people to the link:
 Jean, your blog made me think of a couple of things, too, about fear. One of the quotes that helped me take the bold step of severing the golden handcuffs came from a friend of mine. Long ago, she wrestled with whether to pursue a career in architecture or opera singing, both of which she was trained in.  Exhausted from her indecision, she says she lay spread-eagle on the floor and begged the universe for a sign.  The words of American guru Ram Dass came to her, "The fastest way to learn is face your greatest fear."  She chose opera, and later architecture, but never for one moment lived in regret. My greatest fear was fear of poverty, and losing the safety nets of corporate benefits.  But ironically, the day I quit (after 29 years with the same firm), is the day I stopped being afraid.  And to this day, 4 years later, I don't feel like I've given up anything!
Right now I'm still in the adventure phase, gathering animals, people, memories, exotic places....and trying to document it all!  The other day I was wondering if I'm a hedonist, since I'm getting so much enjoyment and satisfaction out of my life.  Then I realized that it's because I'm living it in such alignment with my passions and purpose. The part that DOES make me a hedonist, though, is if I don't then share my joy, insights, and lessons I've learned!  Because who knows how many people, animals and things could be made better if something in my stories unleashes inspiration and purpose in someone else? I love your blog and I applaud your mission!  Another lovely passage on fear I got from a South African inspirational speaker named Ronnie Muhl.
 "Most of us have moments of fear and anxiety.  It's a healthy reaction to feel anxiety when our life or well-being is in danger.  However, unwarranted fears create doubt and cause unnecessary worries and concerns.  In many ways worry and courage have a lot in common.  Both are emotional states.  Both are created in our minds.  Both have an influence on what we will do and will not do.  Both have a major impact on our characters.
"These two emotional states differ in the following ways:  Worry limits our behavior and causes huge stress, whereas, courage expands our abilities and gives us feelings of hope and empowerment.
"Worry indicates that we have the ability to project what happens in the future.  This proves to us that we can mentally create an emotional reaction based on what our brain focuses on.  We can use the same ability to transform worry into a tool for courage.
"Shakespeare once wrote:  "Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt" and Churchill said: "Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning." 
Good luck with transforming your courage."


And again, I would so appreciate your help in my fundraising efforts for the orphaned gorillas, chimps, monkeys and mandrills !!
Love,
Robin
www.peacefulportraits.com

Ape Action Africa Inc.

Getting Robin back to Cameroon








Getting Robin back to Cameroon







I am returning to Cameroon, to Ape Action Africa, where my world changed in 2007 when I volunteered there to be in the presence of gorillas and was handed an infant monkey to raise.  Ape Action Africa is a sanctuary for gorillas, chimps, monkeys and other primates orphaned by the rampant bushmeat and illegal pet trade.




I'll depart in early December and volunteer for 3 months.  This will be my fifth time there.  The experience in 2007 started me on a new path, so I've been volunteering at sanctuaries ever since that first unforgettable orphaned monkey, Maasai, and I have been painting their portraits (see my website: www.peacefulportraits.com).




I'm gathering donations before my departure to meet part of the volunteership requirement.  All donations made here go directly to Ape Action Africa; this personal page is to be able to track the donations I round up.


Even a DOLLAR makes a difference if we ask enough friends.  Please help me get back to Cameroon and these intelligent, sensitive, innocent orphans.

Donating through this website is simple, fast and totally secure. It is also the most efficient way to support my fundraising efforts.

Many thanks for your support -- and please forward this to anyone who you think might want to donate too!

Supporters

Be the first to donate, just click the link

http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/robinlhuffman/robinhuffmansfundraisingpage-1


 

No comments:

Post a Comment