|Robin Valetutto, Ron Valderrama and Jean Robb|
Here's all the information you'll need to get involved!
The homeless are the guests of honor at the nation's largest birthday party for Jesus, celebrated the third Saturday of every December at the Dallas Convention Center. We provide evangelism, prayer and foot-washing, as well as gifts of socks, shoes, coats, clothes, personal care products, food, medical services, free phone calls, job counseling, education, housing, personal makeovers and haircuts. During the 2010 event, 11,000+ homeless people were served by 3,300 volunteers, representing 130 church groups.
New Men’s and Women’s Shoes: Tennis shoes, working shoes, and work boots are needed. No dress shoes, women’s shoes with heels, etc. Men’s sizes 10 and above. Women’s all sizes. New Children’s Shoes: Tennis shoes for children are preferred. New Blankets and Sleeping Bags: New Only: A very important need for those on the street.
New Children’s Toys: Age categories of ages 3-6, ages 7-10, and ages 11-14. Personal Care Products: Toothpaste, toothbrush, wash cloths, shampoo, conditioner, hand/body lotion, combs, hand sanitizer, soap, men’s shaving razors, and feminine hygiene products. Used prescription eye glasses and reading glasses: Children’s prescriptions glasses are especially needed.
EXL Exchange Logistics / 3113 Glenfield Avenue Dallas, Texas 75233, 214.333.3221
Dallas Convention Center Address:
650 Griffin Street, Dallas, Texas 75202
If you have questions please call Operation Care at 972.681.3567, or Gary Daniels at 940.395.9512.
Click here to download a ‘Urgent Needs’ pdf that you can email to others.http://www.opcare.org/how-to-give
Read below to find out more about the 2011 Christmas Gift:
Operation Care International’s (OCI) 8th annual Christmas Gift 2011, described as the ‘nation’s largest Christmas party for the homeless”, will be held at the Dallas Convention Center on Saturday, December 17, 2011. The address of the Dallas Convention Center is 650 South Griffin Street, Dallas 75202. OCI utilizes the efforts of thousands of humble and caring volunteers in partnership with charitable organizations, church groups, sponsors (corporate, small business and individuals) and donors to give a Christmas Gift to the homeless. Food, clothing, and services are distributed to the homeless men, women and children in a festive, comfortable and safe environment. Six months prior, planning begins in order to coordinate materials and thousands of man hours of effort required to create a special day for the homeless and families in need. Guests and volunteers alike agree that the “Spirit of Christmas” is present, beginning to end. We need your help! Together, we can make a difference in lives and our community.
|How to Volunteer!|
1. Click here to register which should take you to “myVolunteerPage.com”, select “I would like to volunteer-Sign Up”.
2. The next action would be a “Sign In” page, and if you need to create a “sign in” to become an OCI volunteer, please select and click on “No”.
3. You will be asked a series of questions on the next few pages that will assist the OCI administrator on how to better understand your contact information and personal preferences, allowing your skills and talents to be effectively used in service to our Lord. Please provide as much detail as you are able.
4. Only the OCI administration team will have access to the information that you enter; and if needed, you can update or delete the data at any time thereafter.
5. Reminder: Please click on “Save and Continue” or “Save” at the bottom of EACH page.
6. After completing your profile and signing up for the initial activity, you can then return to the activity list to sign up for additional activities.
7. Please record your user ID and Password (this can be changed later). Now, you can return to the listing of current activities and make any change to your profile as needed.
Operation Care International
P.O. Box 224136
Dallas, TX 75222-4136
For More Information: