Better Homes and Garden Radio


Jean Robb

Volunteer your remarketable gifts and become more marketable!

Volunteer and Market Yourself…Remarkably

“Remarkable Marketable Mehelps you share your remarkable gifts volunteering, making you more marketable along the way.



By Jean Robb

I didn’t have the best childhood. We didn’t have much, so if you needed something you had to find a way to get it. I started working at 11 years old selling candy door to door. I know very scary right, but at 11 years old all I knew was I had to sell a certain amount of candy before I could go home. When I knocked on a door, out came my foot and I didn’t move it until you bought a box of candy. The skills I learned from my difficult childhood, (my lemons) really became a blessing (my lemonade).

I learned at a really young age that persistence will open many doors. As an adult I have walked out on a stage with a tiger after Zig Ziglar and talked to over 2,000 people about overcoming their fears. I know you must be thinking…a tiger? I have volunteered for over 15 years with big cat sanctuaries and have learned you can do something you really love while helping others in remarkable ways. In today’s economy you hear lots of people say they can’t find a job. So what happens?

The longer you’re out of work, you start to lose your contacts. You’re not keeping up with the day-to-day changes in your trade. You’re simply out of the loop. The longer you’re in this position the more the fear sets in. What if I can’t find a job? I have so much to offer, how do I get someone to talk to me? Well as you can see, fear can really take a hold of you, it makes you feel like a deer in the headlights. How do you overcome these things?

First off, STOP listening to the FEAR and STOP making EXCUSES. Look, I’ve made many of the same excuses when I’ve let fear be a part of my life. I now realize that the answer to overcoming the fear is to replace it with remarkable things you can be proud of. Instead of asking why would anyone want to hire me, ask yourself why not me?

After volunteering you could say. Look at the change I’ve made in the lives of others. Look what I’ve learned along the way. Look at the skills I’ve been taught while helping others. Look at the great people I’ve met. They’ve seen first hand the type of passion I put into any job I take on. So how will this work? I have made a commitment to bring you a volunteering opportunity at least once a week. The process of volunteering can be more complicated than people may think.

Email me your news. I have included in each story all the information I received and the direct contacts to make it really easy for you to get your foot in the door.Network, Network, Network” See how you can use that experience to build your resume. Most of all how did you feel about helping others today.

My goal is to get you to share with all of us your experience. Think about how much we can learn from each other. Please email me your pictures and story to remarkablemarketableme@gmail.com so I can post them each day. I will add the trademarks, video and links for you.


Jean Robb is a real estate agent in the Dallas – Fort Worth area who is committed to promoting the importance of volunteering for your community.We have the infrastructure in place with the best real estate team in North Texas, and the process for you and I, together can “give back” to those in need without costing you an extra dime. It’s a win/win for both of us. When you contact me, just mention this page and I'll donate 5% of my commission to any non-profit you want to help!

After reading the above information ask yourself “why would I choose any other realtor”?

Click on the logo located on the sidebar for the story you have an interest in reading.

Each story is interactive. Just scroll over and click on the links in the story to get all the information you'll need for that non profit. Some links will appear as a blank spot in the story. Just scroll over it to activate the link.

Please scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to see how you can follow by email and see the most popular stories.

I make my living as a Realtor. It allows me the opportunity to stay involved with so many charities. If you're in need of a great Realtor please go to http://www.jeanrobb.com

Friday, December 3, 2010

The Human Experience... The story of a band of brothers who travel the world in search of the answers to the burning questions

 


http://www.grassrootsfilms.com/home.html

The Human Experience

The story of a band of brothers who travel the world in search of the answers to the burning questions: Who am I? Who is Man? Why do we search for meaning? Their journey brings them into the middle of the lives of the homeless on the streets of New York City, the orphans and disabled children of Peru, and the abandoned lepers in the forests of Ghana, Africa. What the young men discover changes them forever. Through one on one interviews and real life encounters, the brothers are awakened to the beauty of the human person and the resilience of the human spirit.
This story came to me through a very good friend Kristen Geary. I love her and her sweet big heart. Kristen has been such a great supporter of this film. Please take a moment to learn more about The Human Experience.
http://www.grassrootsfilms.com/thehumanexperience/
 Click on the above link for The Human Experience

"Young men, brothers from Brooklyn, search for meaning in this perfectly sincere and pro-human documentary tale. Laden with their own emotional scars inflicted by an abusive father, they travel to places where human suffering far exceeds their own—among the homeless in Manhattan, at a Peruvian home for lost children, with HIV/AIDS sufferers in Ghana, and in an African leper colony. Without a whiff of preachiness or sentimentality, this extraordinary film reveals the dignity and resilience of the human spirit, the joy of living, and the value of suffering."
- 2008 Maui Film Festival Review

"A truly remarkable, touching and thought-provoking film that will take you to emotional depths you didn't know you had."
- Patrick Schweiss
Executive Director
Sedona International Film Festival


"A doc with so much heart in the right place."
- Harriette Yahr
IndieWIRE



 History and Profile
Grassroots Films is an established film and advertising corporation… that began early in the millenium. It has grown into a fully-staffed creative suite that has been involved in numerous projects and developments. Our desire is to make great films that inspire true change. With a heart for originality and beauty, Grassroots Films has worked with companies of all sizes to bring their ideas to life. We believe that film is an art, and through positive art, society can not only be entertained, but enlightened.

Our Services
Grassroots Films services include campaign branding, commercials, and web design. One of the most important decisions a company makes is how they advertise and who they choose to do it with. Whatever the service your company provides, Grassroots Films can raise the bar on how you're portrayed and how others think when they hear your company's name.

"The Human Experience" breaks the mold as a "reality film," a new hybrid genre of movie making that combines real-life experiences with scenes shot as-they-happen. Reality films are raising the bar for traditional documentary filmmaking, creating a whole new viewing experience for movie-goers to experience raw emotion.



Public Screenings Available
Make an event of The Human Experience.
Screen the film at your school, church, temple, conference, restaurant, gallery, or exhibition. Meet and greet with lead role Jeffrey Azize and producer Michael Campo to talk about the film and answer audience questions. Jeffrey and Michael have traveled around the world conducting Q&As in 14 countries and have shown the film to over 200,000 people.

For more information, call Grassroots Films at:
718.349.7622

Federal Law prohibits showing The Human Experience publicly without permission and requires a public exhibition license.
Screening Kits

Jeffrey Azize: I look at those memories. I look at those moments. Everyone lives differently. When you go somewhere out of your own comfort zone, out of your own realm, and you enter someone else's, that's learning.

Jeffrey Azize: You become more humble... you can feel the humility that the homeless people go through. And I don't know. It's different... my whole heart feels different.

Jeffrey Azize: Have you ever had a moment where you feel like everything is just right in the world? Time stops, and the stars are in line. It was the first time in a long time I could feel peace in my heart. 



The Human Experience
The Human Experience
In a world fraught with hostility and violence, an altruistic group of young men endeavor to understand the true essence of the human spirit by visiting forgotten souls such as homeless New Yorkers, Peruvian orphans and isolated Ghanaian lepers. By spotlighting heartwarming stories from around the world, this uplifting documentary shows viewers that every single person, no matter his or her lot in life, is beautiful.
Buy The DVD
$19.99
90 mins
Watch The Human Experience Trailer




The Human Experience"  this documentary that has won prizes at film festivals across the country . 

Awards
  • Winner - 2008 Best Documentary Feature Maui Film Festival
  • Winner - 2008 Best Humanitarian Film Sedona Int’l Film Festival
  • Grand Prize - 2008 Best Feature Film Moving Image Film Festival Toronto
  • Official Selection - 2008 Catholic Film Festival, Orlando FL
  • Official Selection - 2008 The Other Venice Film Festival
  • Honorable Mention - 2008 SoCal Independent Film Festival
  • Winner - 2009 Audience Choice Award American Cinematic Experience Festival NYC
  • Winner - 2009 Audience Choice Award Best Documentary Charlotte Film Festival
  • Winner - 2009 Audience Choice Award JP2 International Film Festival
  • Winner - 2009 Award OF Excellence Feature Documentary Indie Fest
  • Winner - 2009 Best Documentary Docufest Atlanta
  • Winner - 2009 Best Documentary feature NY Int’l Independent Film Festival
  • Winner - 2009 Best Documentary Feature Spirit Quest Film Festival 2009
  • Winner - 2009 Best Feature Documentary Long Island Film Festival
  • Winner - 2009 Best Spiritual Film Sun Valley Spiritual Film Festival
  • Winner - 2009 Grand Jury Award Mexico International Film Festival
  • Winner - 2009 Moving Pictures Film Contest Feature Documentary
  • Winner - 2009 Screeners Choice Award Tupelo Film Festival
  • Winner - 2009 Silver Star Best Documentary Feature Lake Arrowhead F.F
  • Winner - 2009 The Accolade Award Of Merit Feature Documentary
  • Official Selection - 2009 Boulder International Film Festival
  • Official Selection - 2009 Cancun Rivera Maya Int’l Film Festival
  • Official Selection - 2009 East Los Angeles Int’l Film Festival
  • Official Selection - 2009 Hoboken International Film Festival
  • Official Selection - 2009 Naples International Film Festival
  • Official Selection - 2009 Riverside International Film Festival
  • Official Selection - 2009 Rome International Film Festival
  • Official Selection - 2009 Sarasota Fringe Film Festival
  • Official Selection - 2009 Tel Aviv Spirit Film Festival
  • Official Selection - 2009 White Sands Int’l Film Festival

No comments:

Post a Comment