Better Homes and Garden Radio


Jean Robb

Volunteer your remarketable gifts and become more marketable!

Volunteer and Market Yourself…Remarkably

“Remarkable Marketable Mehelps you share your remarkable gifts volunteering, making you more marketable along the way.



By Jean Robb

I didn’t have the best childhood. We didn’t have much, so if you needed something you had to find a way to get it. I started working at 11 years old selling candy door to door. I know very scary right, but at 11 years old all I knew was I had to sell a certain amount of candy before I could go home. When I knocked on a door, out came my foot and I didn’t move it until you bought a box of candy. The skills I learned from my difficult childhood, (my lemons) really became a blessing (my lemonade).

I learned at a really young age that persistence will open many doors. As an adult I have walked out on a stage with a tiger after Zig Ziglar and talked to over 2,000 people about overcoming their fears. I know you must be thinking…a tiger? I have volunteered for over 15 years with big cat sanctuaries and have learned you can do something you really love while helping others in remarkable ways. In today’s economy you hear lots of people say they can’t find a job. So what happens?

The longer you’re out of work, you start to lose your contacts. You’re not keeping up with the day-to-day changes in your trade. You’re simply out of the loop. The longer you’re in this position the more the fear sets in. What if I can’t find a job? I have so much to offer, how do I get someone to talk to me? Well as you can see, fear can really take a hold of you, it makes you feel like a deer in the headlights. How do you overcome these things?

First off, STOP listening to the FEAR and STOP making EXCUSES. Look, I’ve made many of the same excuses when I’ve let fear be a part of my life. I now realize that the answer to overcoming the fear is to replace it with remarkable things you can be proud of. Instead of asking why would anyone want to hire me, ask yourself why not me?

After volunteering you could say. Look at the change I’ve made in the lives of others. Look what I’ve learned along the way. Look at the skills I’ve been taught while helping others. Look at the great people I’ve met. They’ve seen first hand the type of passion I put into any job I take on. So how will this work? I have made a commitment to bring you a volunteering opportunity at least once a week. The process of volunteering can be more complicated than people may think.

Email me your news. I have included in each story all the information I received and the direct contacts to make it really easy for you to get your foot in the door.Network, Network, Network” See how you can use that experience to build your resume. Most of all how did you feel about helping others today.

My goal is to get you to share with all of us your experience. Think about how much we can learn from each other. Please email me your pictures and story to remarkablemarketableme@gmail.com so I can post them each day. I will add the trademarks, video and links for you.


Jean Robb is a real estate agent in the Dallas – Fort Worth area who is committed to promoting the importance of volunteering for your community.We have the infrastructure in place with the best real estate team in North Texas, and the process for you and I, together can “give back” to those in need without costing you an extra dime. It’s a win/win for both of us. When you contact me, just mention this page and I'll donate 5% of my commission to any non-profit you want to help!

After reading the above information ask yourself “why would I choose any other realtor”?

Click on the logo located on the sidebar for the story you have an interest in reading.

Each story is interactive. Just scroll over and click on the links in the story to get all the information you'll need for that non profit. Some links will appear as a blank spot in the story. Just scroll over it to activate the link.

Please scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to see how you can follow by email and see the most popular stories.

I make my living as a Realtor. It allows me the opportunity to stay involved with so many charities. If you're in need of a great Realtor please go to http://www.jeanrobb.com

Monday, March 21, 2011

Don't let the Senate pull the plug on NPR and PBS

       

  Sesame street- MANAMANA - Original 1969 version.

http://www.pbs.org/


 Click on the link above to see the P. B .S main page!



http://www.npr.org/

 Click on the link above to see the N.P .R main page!




Hi Jean Robb here.
I remember growing up watching,
This was the cast for Sesame Street in 1969
Public Broadcasting has been a big part of our family for generations. 
Now I see my grand-daughter watch her favorite shows on P.B.S. 
I'm also a big supporter for N.P.R. 
Here's some information to see how you can keep N.P.R and P.B.S
as a part of your family for generations to come.
Showing your support is easy. I just clicked on the "Take Action Now" below.



The History of Sesame Street!
sesame-street-cast.jpg
“This video retrospective is brought to you by the letter "S" for "Save PBS”
Join WatchMojo.com as we take a look back at the History of Sesame Street.
It is a television program that has educated and entertained generations of children. Conceived by Joan Cooney and Llyod Morriset in the mid 1960s, it was pitched as an experiment to test the usefulness of TV technology as an educational tool. Debuting in 1969, the show’s earliest episodes differed greatly from the show we know and love today. Originally centered on dramatizing the inner thoughts of children, its real-life cast quickly came to be overshadowed by the use of Jim Henson’s Muppets, and its various animated segments that stressed the learning of letters and numbers. Broadcast in over 120 countries, with more than 20 international versions, and several spin-offs, it continues to educate and entertain children across the globe today. 





KERA TV Online Contribution Form

Every Member Makes A Difference!

KERA is member-supported public television that reaches viewers across North Texas. Donating online is easy and secure. You can become a new member, renew your membership, make an additional gift or become a Sustaining Member.


If you need help making your online donation or if you prefer to make your donation directly with a Membership Office staff member, please call KERA's Audience and Member Services during business hours at 214-740-9272 or the metro line at 972-263-3151, extension 272.




news







Call Sens. Hutchison and Cornyn today!
Defend NPR and PBS!
We nee to create a firewall in the Senate to prevent House Republicans from defunding public broadcasting. Call your senators today. Tell them not to pull the plug on NPR and PBS.




Take action  now!
Dear Jean,
Last week, on the same day that CREDO joined with MoveOn and Free Press to bring Congress over a million signatures in support of public broadcasting (including yours), House Republicans passed an emergency measure to defund NPR.
Millions of Americans are hurting. The foreclosure crisis shows no sign of abating any time soon. People can't find jobs. But the emergency for Republicans in the House, the one that demanded extreme measures, is the fact that a minuscule amount of the federal budget might go to funding public broadcasting.
Attacks like this on NPR and PBS aren't going to stop any time soon. So we need to build a firewall in the Senate to make sure they never make it into law.
House Republicans want to destroy public media, and fortunately we've been able to stop them before in the Senate.
Last week's "emergency" measure comes on the heels of an earlier attempt to zero out all funding for the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB), the nonprofit responsible for funding public media including NPR, PBS, Pacifica and more.
But we cannot complacently assume that House Republicans and their allies in the Senate won't succeed.
Cuts to public media are incredibly unpopular. But time and again we've seen deeply unpopular bills pass through the House and the Senate as part of compromises around must-pass legislation. There are any number of opportunities for public media funding to be a casualty of one of these grand compromises.
So now is the time to speak out.
Whatever the position of your senators, they both need to hear from you. We need to make sure those who support cuts to public media understand there's a political price to pay for doing so. And those who are already on our side need to see that their constituents want them to actively champion the issue.
Save NPR/PBS petition delivery
Actors from Sesame Street delivering petition signatures from members of CREDO, MoveOn and Free Press in Defend NPR & PBS tote bags
Public media is one of the last bulwarks against the corporate media, where the combination of consolidation and profit motive has long since shifted the focus to infotainment rather than substantive news. In many rural and less affluent communities, broadcasters rely on federal funding to provide the only available high-quality news and public affairs programming.
Without public media, corporate media monopolies would increase their already large control of what we see on television, hear on the radio or read in the newspaper.
This outcome should deeply worry all of us. The increased accumulation and consolidation of corporate power is a threat to our democracy. And nowhere is this more evident than in our media.
At a time when media consolidation is shrinking the number of perspectives we have access to over the airwaves and when newsrooms are shrinking, we need more diversity in our media not less. And we simply cannot afford to lose what public media brings to the table.
Win or lose, this battle will be decided in the Senate. Make sure you speak out before it's too late.
Thank you for standing up for NPR, PBS and public service media.
Matt Lockshin, Campaign Manager
CREDO Action from Working Assets 


Dear Jean,
Thanks for calling! Can you ask some friends to call the Senate as well?
If you are on Facebook, click here to post the petition to your Wall.

If you have a Twitter account, click here to automatically tweet:
TAKE ACTION: Don't let the Senate pull the plug on NPR & PBS http://bit.ly/iaz7HJ

You can also send the following e-mail to your friends and family.

Spreading the word is critical, but please only pass this message along to those who know you -- spam hurts our campaign.


Thanks for all you do.

--The CREDO Action Team
 

No comments:

Post a Comment