Better Homes and Garden Radio


Jean Robb

Volunteer your remarketable gifts and become more marketable!

Volunteer and Market Yourself…Remarkably

“Remarkable Marketable Mehelps you share your remarkable gifts volunteering, making you more marketable along the way.



By Jean Robb

I didn’t have the best childhood. We didn’t have much, so if you needed something you had to find a way to get it. I started working at 11 years old selling candy door to door. I know very scary right, but at 11 years old all I knew was I had to sell a certain amount of candy before I could go home. When I knocked on a door, out came my foot and I didn’t move it until you bought a box of candy. The skills I learned from my difficult childhood, (my lemons) really became a blessing (my lemonade).

I learned at a really young age that persistence will open many doors. As an adult I have walked out on a stage with a tiger after Zig Ziglar and talked to over 2,000 people about overcoming their fears. I know you must be thinking…a tiger? I have volunteered for over 15 years with big cat sanctuaries and have learned you can do something you really love while helping others in remarkable ways. In today’s economy you hear lots of people say they can’t find a job. So what happens?

The longer you’re out of work, you start to lose your contacts. You’re not keeping up with the day-to-day changes in your trade. You’re simply out of the loop. The longer you’re in this position the more the fear sets in. What if I can’t find a job? I have so much to offer, how do I get someone to talk to me? Well as you can see, fear can really take a hold of you, it makes you feel like a deer in the headlights. How do you overcome these things?

First off, STOP listening to the FEAR and STOP making EXCUSES. Look, I’ve made many of the same excuses when I’ve let fear be a part of my life. I now realize that the answer to overcoming the fear is to replace it with remarkable things you can be proud of. Instead of asking why would anyone want to hire me, ask yourself why not me?

After volunteering you could say. Look at the change I’ve made in the lives of others. Look what I’ve learned along the way. Look at the skills I’ve been taught while helping others. Look at the great people I’ve met. They’ve seen first hand the type of passion I put into any job I take on. So how will this work? I have made a commitment to bring you a volunteering opportunity at least once a week. The process of volunteering can be more complicated than people may think.

Email me your news. I have included in each story all the information I received and the direct contacts to make it really easy for you to get your foot in the door.Network, Network, Network” See how you can use that experience to build your resume. Most of all how did you feel about helping others today.

My goal is to get you to share with all of us your experience. Think about how much we can learn from each other. Please email me your pictures and story to remarkablemarketableme@gmail.com so I can post them each day. I will add the trademarks, video and links for you.


Jean Robb is a real estate agent in the Dallas – Fort Worth area who is committed to promoting the importance of volunteering for your community.We have the infrastructure in place with the best real estate team in North Texas, and the process for you and I, together can “give back” to those in need without costing you an extra dime. It’s a win/win for both of us. When you contact me, just mention this page and I'll donate 5% of my commission to any non-profit you want to help!

After reading the above information ask yourself “why would I choose any other realtor”?

Click on the logo located on the sidebar for the story you have an interest in reading.

Each story is interactive. Just scroll over and click on the links in the story to get all the information you'll need for that non profit. Some links will appear as a blank spot in the story. Just scroll over it to activate the link.

Please scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to see how you can follow by email and see the most popular stories.

I make my living as a Realtor. It allows me the opportunity to stay involved with so many charities. If you're in need of a great Realtor please go to http://www.jeanrobb.com

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tiger's Tooth Extraction ~ CARE providing medical care to the big cats!

      

http://bigcatcare.org/
Click on the link above to see the CARE main page!

Hi Jean Robb here. The video above is just one example of the great home that CARE provides for their big cats. The medical needs of these cats along with the food provided each day are a big part of the funds needed to keep these beautiful cats in a safe home and environment. Please consider helping CARE!



Read About CARE and Executive Director, Heidi Berry, here!

The Center for Animal Research & Education is working to help turn the tide of the abused and abandoned big cat. The previous organization operated primarily as a boarding facility for performing animals and assisted in big cat rescue efforts by providing care and a sanctuary for animals rescued from abusive and unsafe environments. Founder Heidi Berry, a recognized authority in the field of captive management and husbandry of large exotic felines, moved to refocus the purpose of the Center in 2002. In order to protect and provide for the Center’s long-term future, all commercial activity was terminated and the conversion to a nonprofit entity commenced. By 2003, CARE had received its tax-exempt 501(c)(3) determination from the IRS. On November 2, 2004, the facility received its USDA Class C license.

October nights with CARE

Pumpkin patches, bright colored leaves, scarecrows, crisp apples and hot cider. Yes, fall is here!
Many of you may be familiar with CARE’s annual Winter Safari. Well, this year CARE has decided to host a Fall Festival instead. Hopefully the weather will be a little milder when we hold the event in late October and early November.
We are really excited about our fall-themed event, but there is a lot of preparation to be done. We also know that so many of you have asked about chances to become involved in some way. So, we are inviting anyone who is interested to attend a Fall Festival planning meeting at CARE on Sunday, October 2nd at 1pm. If you would like to be involved in a CARE event, now if your chance!
We think this will be a lot of fun and a great way for people in the CARE community to get involved. We have a lot of great ideas, and welcome any suggestions you might have as well. And, of course, there are so many different things to volunteer to do. From decorating, baking, and games to advertising, collecting donations for our raffle and much, much more!
We so look forward to seeing you all there. If you have any questions beforehand or if you would like to be involved but cannot make it out on the 2nd, please contact us.
Heidi at Heidi@bigcatcare.org
or
Jamie at jamiec06@yahoo.com



In The News
 

Permiter Expansion Breaks Ground


After our amazingly successful fundraising efforts, CARE raised enough funds to begin work on the new perimeter fence that will allow us to build more enclosures and provide homes to additional cats that need sanctuary (read the original story HERE).
A group of Airmen volunteers from Shepard Air Force Base were scheduled to come out to CARE on their day off (in addition to our regular CARE interns and volunteers) to finish putting in the posts and stretching fence. Before they arrived, there was a lot of preparation to be done. The fields on the new property needed to be cleared and the fence-line prepared.
On Friday, September 9th, all of our wonderful volunteers showed up bright and early to get started. But first, we treated them to a very special tour.
After the tour, the work began. Everyone worked so hard. We had groups clearing off more land, groups putting in fence posts, and others stretching fence.  Around noon, everyone was hot, tired and ready to eat. Chili’s in Decatur, TX stepped in and provided all of the food and drinks to feed and refresh our hardworking volunteers. It was a great chance for everyone to relax under the shade trees, meet new people and catch up with old friends.
After the burgers, it was back to work. By the end of the day, the vast majority of the land was cleared, all of the fence posts were in and a good portion of the fence up.  It was a long day of really hard work, but it was an amazing feeling to know how much closer this brings us to providing more homes to such deserving animals.
We cannot begin to to thank all of the men and women that came out to CARE on Friday to help us realize our dreams. You are truly CARE Heroes!!  We had a wonderful day, and hope that everyone enjoyed themselves as much as we did.







There are so many ways you can make a difference in the lives of CARE’s Big Cats. Click on the pictures below to learn how.






Contact CARE

Please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments you may have.

Please keep in mind that we’re still growing here at CARE, and the care and feeding of these big cats takes up a lot of our time – so please be patient with us, we will respond to your calls and emails as quickly as we can!

We’ll be looking forward to hearing from you!

Thank you,

Heidi Berry

Phone:
940-683-8115

No comments:

Post a Comment