Better Homes and Garden Radio


Jean Robb

Volunteer your remarketable gifts and become more marketable!

Volunteer and Market Yourself…Remarkably

“Remarkable Marketable Mehelps you share your remarkable gifts volunteering, making you more marketable along the way.



By Jean Robb

I didn’t have the best childhood. We didn’t have much, so if you needed something you had to find a way to get it. I started working at 11 years old selling candy door to door. I know very scary right, but at 11 years old all I knew was I had to sell a certain amount of candy before I could go home. When I knocked on a door, out came my foot and I didn’t move it until you bought a box of candy. The skills I learned from my difficult childhood, (my lemons) really became a blessing (my lemonade).

I learned at a really young age that persistence will open many doors. As an adult I have walked out on a stage with a tiger after Zig Ziglar and talked to over 2,000 people about overcoming their fears. I know you must be thinking…a tiger? I have volunteered for over 15 years with big cat sanctuaries and have learned you can do something you really love while helping others in remarkable ways. In today’s economy you hear lots of people say they can’t find a job. So what happens?

The longer you’re out of work, you start to lose your contacts. You’re not keeping up with the day-to-day changes in your trade. You’re simply out of the loop. The longer you’re in this position the more the fear sets in. What if I can’t find a job? I have so much to offer, how do I get someone to talk to me? Well as you can see, fear can really take a hold of you, it makes you feel like a deer in the headlights. How do you overcome these things?

First off, STOP listening to the FEAR and STOP making EXCUSES. Look, I’ve made many of the same excuses when I’ve let fear be a part of my life. I now realize that the answer to overcoming the fear is to replace it with remarkable things you can be proud of. Instead of asking why would anyone want to hire me, ask yourself why not me?

After volunteering you could say. Look at the change I’ve made in the lives of others. Look what I’ve learned along the way. Look at the skills I’ve been taught while helping others. Look at the great people I’ve met. They’ve seen first hand the type of passion I put into any job I take on. So how will this work? I have made a commitment to bring you a volunteering opportunity at least once a week. The process of volunteering can be more complicated than people may think.

Email me your news. I have included in each story all the information I received and the direct contacts to make it really easy for you to get your foot in the door.Network, Network, Network” See how you can use that experience to build your resume. Most of all how did you feel about helping others today.

My goal is to get you to share with all of us your experience. Think about how much we can learn from each other. Please email me your pictures and story to remarkablemarketableme@gmail.com so I can post them each day. I will add the trademarks, video and links for you.


Jean Robb is a real estate agent in the Dallas – Fort Worth area who is committed to promoting the importance of volunteering for your community.We have the infrastructure in place with the best real estate team in North Texas, and the process for you and I, together can “give back” to those in need without costing you an extra dime. It’s a win/win for both of us. When you contact me, just mention this page and I'll donate 5% of my commission to any non-profit you want to help!

After reading the above information ask yourself “why would I choose any other realtor”?

Click on the logo located on the sidebar for the story you have an interest in reading.

Each story is interactive. Just scroll over and click on the links in the story to get all the information you'll need for that non profit. Some links will appear as a blank spot in the story. Just scroll over it to activate the link.

Please scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to see how you can follow by email and see the most popular stories.

I make my living as a Realtor. It allows me the opportunity to stay involved with so many charities. If you're in need of a great Realtor please go to http://www.jeanrobb.com

Friday, June 7, 2013

Will Women Billionaires Make Better Philanthropists?

As more women enter the upper reaches of wealth, should we expect to see different results from their giving?
 
It’s a rich moment for women in big-ticket philanthropy. Sara Blakely, founder of the privately held Spanx, just became the first self-made female billionaire to sign onto The Giving Pledge, an effort spearheaded by Bill and Melinda Gates and Warren Buffett that has had dozens of the world’s billionaires sign on to give away more than half of their wealth, either during their lifetime or after their death.
Laurene Powell Jobs
Another member of the still tiny circle of female billionaires, Steve Jobs’s widow, is stepping out publicly for the first time as a philanthropist. Steve Jobs was criticized for not giving much money away, at least publicly, during his lifetime. But Laurene Powell Jobs is now speaking to issues as diverse as education and gun control. The phenomenon of women being personally responsible for giving away billions is really new. Currently women hold almost three-fourths of all jobs, and almost half of all CEO positions, in the nonprofit sector. But they are much more underrepresented at the board and executive level at the really big large charities, the ones with more than $25 million in the bank. In big philanthropy, as in politics or business, it’s worth asking how or whether having women calling the shots will make a difference in the way things are done. As we’ve seen in our coverage of the League of Extraordinary Women, women seem to stand out for their personal involvement with the causes they support and especially for their commitment to women’s and girls’ economic development. Feminist philanthropy is not special treatment. Besides the moral imperative to combat widespread violence and exploitation, there’s strong empirical evidence to support the strategy of aiding an entire economy by educating and empowering the female members. But does the tendency to make giving personal really make for the most effective giving? Or does it cut against the grain of impact analysis and bottom-line-driven accountability? The multiple scandals plaguing girls’ schools started by both Oprah and Madonna in Africa are cautionary tales of what can happen when the desire to identify with a cause eclipses due diligence--though arguably they are examples of the weaknesses of celebrity philanthropy, not women’s philanthropy per se.
One hopes that Powell Jobs, Blakely, and future women who ascend to positions of real power in the nonprofit world will follow the same tendencies that make women, statistically, better investors than men: a lack of overconfidence, a desire for self-control and financial discipline that stops them from chasing a risky market.
 
 
 
The Giving Pledge is a commitment by the world's wealthiest individuals and families to dedicate the majority of their wealth to philanthropy.
 
CURRENT PLEDGERS
Bill and Karen
Ackman
Paul G.
Allen
Laura and John
Arnold
Lord Ashcroft KCMG PC
Nicolas
Berggruen
Manoj
Bhargava
Steve
Bing
Sara
Blakely
Arthur M.
Blank
Michael R.
Bloomberg
Richard and Joan
Branson
Eli and Edythe
Broad
Charles R.
Bronfman
Edgar M.
Bronfman
Warren
Buffett
Jean and Steve
Case
John
Caudwell
Lee and Toby
Cooperman
Joe
Craft
Joyce and Bill
Cummings
Ray and Barbara
Dalio
John Paul
DeJoria
Barry Diller and
Diane von Furstenberg
Ann and John
Doerr
Glenn and Eva
Dubin
Larry
Ellison
Charles F.
Feeney
Andrew and Nicola
Forrest
Ted
Forstmann
(d. 2011)
Phillip and Patricia
Frost
Bill and Melinda
Gates
Monica and David
Gelbaum
Dan and Jennifer
Gilbert
David and Barbara
Green
Jeff and Mei Sze
Greene
Harold and
Sue Ann
Hamm
Reed Hastings and
Patty Quillin
Lyda
Hill
Barron
Hilton
Christopher
Hohn
Jon and Karen
Huntsman
Dr Mo
Ibrahim
Carl
Icahn
Joan and Irwin
Jacobs
George B.
Kaiser
Vinod and Neeru
Khosla
Sidney
Kimmel
Rich and Nancy
Kinder
Elaine and Ken
Langone
Gerry and Marguerite
Lenfest
Peter B.
Lewis
Lorry I.
Lokey
George
Lucas
Duncan and Nancy
MacMillan
Alfred E.
Mann
Joe and Rika
Mansueto
Bernie and Billi
Marcus
Craig and Susan
McCaw
Red and Charline
McCombs
Michael and Lori
Milken
George P.
Mitchell
Thomas S.
Monaghan
Gordon and Betty
Moore
Tashia and John
Morgridge
Michael Moritz and
Harriet Heyman
Dustin Moskovitz and
Cari Tuna
Patrice and Precious
Motsepe
Elon
Musk
Jonathan M.
Nelson
Pierre and Pam
Omidyar
Bernard and Barbro
Osher
Ronald O.
Perelman
Jorge M. and
Darlene Perez
Peter G.
Peterson
T. Boone
Pickens
Victor
Pinchuk
Hasso
Plattner
Vladimir Potanin
Azim
Premji
Julian H.
Robertson, Jr.
David
Rockefeller
Edward W. and
Deedie Potter Rose
Stephen M.
Ross
David M.
Rubenstein
David
Sainsbury
John and Ginger
Sall
Henry and Susan
Samueli
Herb and Marion
(d. 2012) Sandler
Denny
Sanford
Vicki and Roger
Sant
Lynn
Schusterman
Walter
Scott, Jr.
Tom and Cindy
Secunda
Annette and Harold
Simmons
Jim and Marilyn
Simons
Paul E.
Singer
Jeff
Skoll
John A. and Susan Sobrato, John Michael Sobrato
Michele and Patrick
Soon-Shiong
Ted and Vada
Stanley
Mark and Mary
Stevens
Tom Steyer and
Kat Taylor
Jim and Virginia
Stowers
Vincent Tan Chee Yioun
Tad
Taube
Claire and Leonard
Tow
Ted
Turner
Albert Lee
Ueltschi
(d. 2012)
Dr. Romesh and
Kathleen Wadhwani
Sanford and Joan
Weill
Shelby
White
Samuel
Yin
Charles Zegar and Merryl Snow Zegar
Mark
Zuckerberg
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment