Better Homes and Garden Radio


Jean Robb

Volunteer your remarketable gifts and become more marketable!

Volunteer and Market Yourself…Remarkably

“Remarkable Marketable Mehelps you share your remarkable gifts volunteering, making you more marketable along the way.



By Jean Robb

I didn’t have the best childhood. We didn’t have much, so if you needed something you had to find a way to get it. I started working at 11 years old selling candy door to door. I know very scary right, but at 11 years old all I knew was I had to sell a certain amount of candy before I could go home. When I knocked on a door, out came my foot and I didn’t move it until you bought a box of candy. The skills I learned from my difficult childhood, (my lemons) really became a blessing (my lemonade).

I learned at a really young age that persistence will open many doors. As an adult I have walked out on a stage with a tiger after Zig Ziglar and talked to over 2,000 people about overcoming their fears. I know you must be thinking…a tiger? I have volunteered for over 15 years with big cat sanctuaries and have learned you can do something you really love while helping others in remarkable ways. In today’s economy you hear lots of people say they can’t find a job. So what happens?

The longer you’re out of work, you start to lose your contacts. You’re not keeping up with the day-to-day changes in your trade. You’re simply out of the loop. The longer you’re in this position the more the fear sets in. What if I can’t find a job? I have so much to offer, how do I get someone to talk to me? Well as you can see, fear can really take a hold of you, it makes you feel like a deer in the headlights. How do you overcome these things?

First off, STOP listening to the FEAR and STOP making EXCUSES. Look, I’ve made many of the same excuses when I’ve let fear be a part of my life. I now realize that the answer to overcoming the fear is to replace it with remarkable things you can be proud of. Instead of asking why would anyone want to hire me, ask yourself why not me?

After volunteering you could say. Look at the change I’ve made in the lives of others. Look what I’ve learned along the way. Look at the skills I’ve been taught while helping others. Look at the great people I’ve met. They’ve seen first hand the type of passion I put into any job I take on. So how will this work? I have made a commitment to bring you a volunteering opportunity at least once a week. The process of volunteering can be more complicated than people may think.

Email me your news. I have included in each story all the information I received and the direct contacts to make it really easy for you to get your foot in the door.Network, Network, Network” See how you can use that experience to build your resume. Most of all how did you feel about helping others today.

My goal is to get you to share with all of us your experience. Think about how much we can learn from each other. Please email me your pictures and story to remarkablemarketableme@gmail.com so I can post them each day. I will add the trademarks, video and links for you.


Jean Robb is a real estate agent in the Dallas – Fort Worth area who is committed to promoting the importance of volunteering for your community.We have the infrastructure in place with the best real estate team in North Texas, and the process for you and I, together can “give back” to those in need without costing you an extra dime. It’s a win/win for both of us. When you contact me, just mention this page and I'll donate 5% of my commission to any non-profit you want to help!

After reading the above information ask yourself “why would I choose any other realtor”?

Click on the logo located on the sidebar for the story you have an interest in reading.

Each story is interactive. Just scroll over and click on the links in the story to get all the information you'll need for that non profit. Some links will appear as a blank spot in the story. Just scroll over it to activate the link.

Please scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to see how you can follow by email and see the most popular stories.

I make my living as a Realtor. It allows me the opportunity to stay involved with so many charities. If you're in need of a great Realtor please go to http://www.jeanrobb.com

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

No arms, No legas, No worries. This man is amazing.No excuses!

http://www.attitudeisaltitude.com/aboutus-attitude.php

http://www.wimp.com/noworries/
Click the link above to watch video. This is a must see!


Nick is an amazing man with an amazing story. This is a great example of what all of our attitudes should be like every day. I love the idea that at a young age he must have been taught to have the "No Excuses" attitude. I really do feel that we allow fear to take over and start to doubt
our ability to succeed. 

 
ABOUT NICK VUJICIC: Imagine being born without arms. No arms to wrap around someone, no hands to experience touch, or to hold another hand with. Or what about being born without legs? Having no ability to dance, walk, run, or even stand on two feet. Now put both of those scenarios together� no arms and no legs. What would you do? How would that effect your everyday life?

Meet Nick Vujicic... Born in 1982 in Melbourne, Australia, without any medical explanation or warning, Nicholas Vujicic (pronounced Voy-a-chich) came into the world with neither arms or legs. Having had an uneventful pregnancy and no family history to expect this condition, imagine the shock his parents felt when they saw their first born, brand new baby boy, only to find he was what the world would consider... click here to see full story.

http://www.attitudeisaltitude.com/aboutus-attitude.php
 Attitude Is Everything And Self Perception Determines Direction

These are the principles of the Attitude is Altitude program. Nick Vujicic has a unique plan designed to enhance the lives of employees, employers, students and educators alike. Through Nick's motivational talks people will discover that a positive approach points the way to a meaningful life.

Nick speaks from experience. He was born with no arms and no legs. To most this would be a great detriment, but to Nick it was a challenge to triumph . Yes, the other children insulted him, poked fun, and asked many questions. There were bouts of great despair and darkness, but Nick made a conscious effort to prevail and to dream big. Realizing it was about how he perceived his own situation, Nick changed the course of his life. He had a purpose. Today people gather strength from Nick and tap into their own worth, as he guides them through an insightful method of achieving greatness, regardless of situation.

Nick's inspirational program is sure to captivate the world. People will learn how to overcome adversity, persevere under any circumstance and attain the height of their ambition. Nick Vujicic is reaching out to the corporate world and the educational system with powerful words of encouragement. We all matter!

Businesses profit from our approach. We utilize the concept of positive thinking and incorporate it into the work environment. We have created a refreshing view on how to define goals, envision success and make choices that lead to victory.

Schools benefit from our unique appeal. We bring to light the fact that everyone has potential and that the educational process can be fulfilling.

Nick Vujicic's life demonstrates that all things are possible.
Please go to the link above to see all of this amazing mans 
story and information.


Thank you Amber Cates and Abigail Johnson for giving the information for this great story.

1 comment:

  1. Nick your story is truly a remarkable one. You are an inspiration to all of us.

    ReplyDelete